Seeking a pathological liar to tell me i will still make it with step 1 score of 203.

• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

doctakay

2+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2016
Status
MD/PhD Student
If you have nothing nice to say please do not reply and stay away from me. Im depressed af. Studied 15 months for step 1 for a mofo 203. I need someone to effin tell me to keep going. Tell me theres hope, its not the end of the world. Try and do better on step 2. Residency is just connections and what you put in to it. There has to be a nice, kind, empathetic, passionate human being in this world of madness and misery. Im a US IMG seeking effin FM,IM or ER i dont care. Just somebody lie to ke and give me hope. Seeking any smart pathological liar to keep me going. I have not began 3rd year yet kinda bipolar about starting rotations with such a crappy score. Prior to med skool i was an ER tech for 3 years. Also volunteer as of today in the hospital by my house where i work with a program director at the ER in effort of putting a face on my residency app . Somebody please tell me its POSSIBLE AND WILL HAPPEN KEEP GOING!!!

FCMike11

7+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2011
Texas
Status
Medical Student
Why/how did you study for 15 months? Gap in schooling?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

About the Ads

doctakay

2+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2016
Status
MD/PhD Student
Something tells me thats soley for American Medical Graduates...but im going to live in bliss and accept it. Thank you man. I sincerely hope you excel in whatever field you are in or going into. I appreciate the time and energy you put in to help a stranger.

57% of FM PDs require just a passing score so I guess you still have a chance.
View attachment 214229
57% of FM PDs require just a passing score so I guess you still have a chance.
View attachment 214229

ASM student

2+ Year Member
May 1, 2016
Actually it's for applicants, this is from a survey conducted by NRMP about the criteria PDs consider whether to send interviews or reject the applicant.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: doctakay

BurghStudent

lurker
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Do well on Step 2. Like commit yourself entirely.

Apply for FM or IM, at lowly ranked or undesirably located programs. Do multiple SubIs at these places. Get good LORs etc.

You should be able to land on your feet.

Reperfused

2+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2015
Status
Medical Student
You wanna hear the truth?
I know you don't..
But I'm still gonna tell you the truth.
& I'm not going to sugar coat it!

You won't get the residency just because you got 203 or whatever...
you're only going to get it if you BELIEVE that you CAN get it. Period.
Because if you believe you can get it one day, you'll go to all lengths to find it. And that's how you'll get it. Simple :)

doctakay

2+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2016
Status
MD/PhD Student
Thank you,thats legit enough for me :highfive:
Actually it's for applicants, this is from a survey conducted by NRMP about the criteria PDs consider whether to send interviews or reject the applicant.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

doctakay

2+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2016
Status
MD/PhD Student
Thanks alot man. I needed that. You da bomb homie g. Ima just keep pushing

I know you don't..

Because if you believe you can get it one day, you'll go to all lengths to find it. And that's how you'll get it. Simple :)

doctakay

2+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2016
Status
MD/PhD Student
Do well on Step 2. Like commit yourself entirely.

Apply for FM or IM, at lowly ranked or undesirably located programs. Do multiple SubIs at these places. Get good LORs etc.

You should be able to land on your feet.
Thanks man :biglove:

doctakay

2+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2016
Status
MD/PhD Student
I know you don't..

I love you:biglove::love::soexcited::clap::claps::banana::rofl::zip::beat:

About the Ads