Seeking a PGY-2 Position for 2004-2005

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skpgy2

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a first year resident at an east coast university program. Due to extenuating circumstances, I need to move back to the West coast, specifically Southern California if at all possible, for an internal medicine residency position. I'm seeking a PGY-2 position for the 2004-2005 year. If anyone has information of a spot opening up or can lead me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. My program director is aware of my situation and is fully supporting me.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm assuming you have already called up programs you are looking at and have inquired about availability?

Are the circumstances so extenuating that you would be willing to re-do intern year? If so, maybe you could scramble into a position post-match.

Look on the AMA website, it has a few openings.

I recommend calling PDs directly. Some open spots are never posted, and california is a very competative place. Having your own PD behind you helps a lot.

Just beware that many of the places with open spots aren't where you'd want to be.

First of all thanks for the time and input. I've called PD's but nothing open right now. They say maybe later in the year...kind of early...just have to wait I guess.

I really do not want to redo intern year, but given the circumstances, I might be willing to do so if necessary. Good suggestion about the scramble though...

Anyone has an inside scoop on a position opening up in your program in So Cal, it is much appreciated. My PD will talk to yours without hesitation on my behalf.