Seeking advice. Five point jump in one month?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Plutonium

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished my first FL AAMC. I got a 25.
The break down:
PS:10
VS: 8
BS: 7

I'm aiming for a 30+ (happy with a 30) for the real MCAT which is exactly a month away. I finished my content review, and it seems biology and organic chemistry are giving me problems. How do I go about using my time most effectively these coming weeks before the actual exam to accomplish my intended goal? What is the post-game strategy that I should follow? I'm definitely going to focus on my biology and organic chemistry how do I go about it?

Members don't see this ad.

What materials are you using for your content and question review? For Orgo you should look in to chad's videos. EK bio gives you a solid content base and TBR Bio is good for practice. You have to work on your verbal score too, an 8 isn't a good score. A 30+ might be doable in a month, but its not gonna be easy.

I'm using TBR for both chemistry, physics, and organic chemistry. I'm mostly using TPR Biology for biology content review and TBR biology for the passages. The only study material I have for verbal is EK101 and I'm not sure it's helping.

I agree that an 8 in verbal is not a good score, but I'm hoping that my score improves with more practice from FL AAMCs.

Your first AAMC might just be a fluke. I used TBR for orgo and found chad's very helpful, especially when it comes to named reactions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do all of the AAMC exams and more practice tests. Then evaluate them and learn the techniques for the questions you got wrong. Some people think reading the right answer means getting it right the next time, but that's usually not the case. You need to master techniques.

Agree with above poster, you can likely get 5 points simply by doing all the exams and going over your answers after each one.

You'll be okay I think. Do as many passages + thorough review of answers as possible.

All this sounds reassuring and I'm definitely going to do my part and to make this happen. Thanks for all the advice you guys.