Seeking advice for test date as a non-trad student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Healz4life

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some advice needed! I currently registered for the May 19th MCAT, however as a non traditional student life happens and little chunks of prep time have been chipped away from my schedule the past month or two. I plan on applying D.O with a cGPA of 3.45, a sGPA of 3.4. My post bac gpa is a 3.85 , I have 300 hours shadowing, and about 1500 clinical volunteer hours. I had some health issues as an undergrad that really impacted my performance that have since been resolved. I am worried about my application being late if I need to move my test date. Thus far I have only been doing content review and have 1 more week of it left. If I begin Q banks and practice tests and I find my score not progressing can I entertain the idea of taking the June MCAT? From reading the forums I have come across some mixed info pertaining to the cut off for an application to be considered apart of the early pool.

Members don't see this ad.

You can definitely take the June MCAT. You wouldn't get your scores back until July. During that month you would submit all your secondaries. It is definitely early enough in the cycle, especially with your clinical hours. Honestly, time-wise you could push it back as late as July but since you have already been studying for the past two months I would be worried about burnout. There's only so long so one can study for the MCAT for.