Seeking Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bjs261

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know everyone hates these kinds of threads, but here goes:

Alright, so as of last night, this is where I stand:

MCAT: 27Q 10V, 10 BS, 7 PS
GPA: 3.5
Activities: Acapella Group, Research at NYU SOM, Mt. Sinai, and Robert Wood Johnson, Volunteer for 2 semesters in a free clinic for the uninsured, Relay for Life, President of a club on campus, Laboratory Assistant, Residence Hall Government 3 years.. and much more.

My recommendations are really good according to my pre-med advisor at school.

I know the 7 in the PS kind of messes up my MCAT score, but is a 27 worth applying with? Should I retake in August? (That's the plan right now)

Also, people have been saying (especially on this board) that med schools like a high verbal score, so I'm wondering if my 10 in verbal at all compensates for the crappy 7 in PS

I'm a NJ resident, hoping at least to get into NJMS. I'd go there in a heartbeat. Any suggestions/advice much appreciated.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I am an EMT. I know a lot of people are EMTs, but I am actually Sergeant of my squad. I've been on it for 6 years and I love it. I'm really dedicated to it, and I hope that by taking on such a responsibility will help me stand out.

Members don't see this ad.