1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Seeking advice

Discussion in 'Dental' started by Hernan, Aug 9, 2001.

1. Hernan

Hernan New Member

I am a new member and I regard dentistry as a very honoring profession. In my late teens I was inspired and encouraged by several dentists, but my thirst for thrill and adventure lead me in a different direction; my other love, flying, overshadowed the desire to train as a dentist. I have reached 32 years of maturity and am considering entering dental school to become a dentist. Subsequently, my goal is to join the Air Force reserves, practice dentistry with them and use both dental and flying skills to help people overseas. I would like to receive your advice, opinions, experiences and any other info that will help me on the journey. Thank you all in advance. :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. crimson

crimson What up Smokey!
    10+ Year Member

hernan -- a lot of us decide late to start a career... I am glad u feel you want to pursue an honorable profession. best wishes.
    regarding air force and other services scholarships, there are a number of informative (and a few depressing) posts... u should use the search function and search the forum (both pre-dental and pre-allopathic) for common search terms (air force, military etc.). or u can just go through older posts page by page. :)

4. osamah

osamah Member
    10+ Year Member

What you gonna do...Pulling out teeth while struggling with a joy stick of the plane!!

5. Hernan

Hernan New Member

Thanks crimson, I appreciate your response. I have collected a lot of info. and am in the process of sorting it out. Best wishes to you. :)

osamah. No, I will pull out teeth while skillfully and confidently maneuvering the stick of the plane. :D