Seeking advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hernan

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a new member and I regard dentistry as a very honoring profession. In my late teens I was inspired and encouraged by several dentists, but my thirst for thrill and adventure lead me in a different direction; my other love, flying, overshadowed the desire to train as a dentist. I have reached 32 years of maturity and am considering entering dental school to become a dentist. Subsequently, my goal is to join the Air Force reserves, practice dentistry with them and use both dental and flying skills to help people overseas. I would like to receive your advice, opinions, experiences and any other info that will help me on the journey. Thank you all in advance. :)

Members don't see this ad.

hernan -- a lot of us decide late to start a career... I am glad u feel you want to pursue an honorable profession. best wishes.
regarding air force and other services scholarships, there are a number of informative (and a few depressing) posts... u should use the search function and search the forum (both pre-dental and pre-allopathic) for common search terms (air force, military etc.). or u can just go through older posts page by page. :)

What you gonna do...Pulling out teeth while struggling with a joy stick of the plane!!

Thanks crimson, I appreciate your response. I have collected a lot of info. and am in the process of sorting it out. Best wishes to you. :)

osamah. No, I will pull out teeth while skillfully and confidently maneuvering the stick of the plane. :D