Seeking Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NAYR

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Consider applying to DO schools. What is your science GPA?

Even with a 30-32 MCAT, that will not be enough to make up for your low cGPA. You will need at least a 35+ to be competitive for low tier MD schools.

Consider applying to DO schools. What is your science GPA?

Even with a 30-32 MCAT, that will not be enough to make up for your low cGPA. You will need at least a 35+ to be competitive for low tier MD schools.

My science and cumulative GPA are both hovering right about at a 3.25. Assuming I pull a 4.0 this quarter and next, my GPA would go up to a 3.3 according to the calculator. I really am not interested in getting a DO unless it is my only option. I will apply DO alongside MD, but my heart is in MD.

Let's say I can pull a 35 MCAT, what would be the low tier MD schools that I would want to apply to?

My science and cumulative GPA are both hovering right about at a 3.25. Assuming I pull a 4.0 this quarter and next, my GPA would go up to a 3.3 according to the calculator. I really am not interested in getting a DO unless it is my only option. I will apply DO alongside MD, but my heart is in MD.

Let's say I can pull a 35 MCAT, what would be the low tier MD schools that I would want to apply to?

You should buy the MSAR, it lists the average GPA and MCAT of every MD school.

https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/requirements/msar/