Seeking best prep CLASS in country (EK?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

franklinthedog

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please help....I studied my butt off for August exam, ended up with v 8 p 9 b 10 ws Q...very disappointed, did much better on pract exams, not sleeping night before and overstudying last week couldn't have helped....

BUT, to the point. I know I can do better, and want to take the BEST PREP CLASS this spring, no matter where it's located. I'm currently considering the EK class in Manhattan, anyone have suggestions/opinions? From what I can tell, they're the best. I am out of school and can be highly mobile for 10 weeks.

Who had great improvements and what course did you use? Thanks for your time !!!! All advice will be GREATLY appreciated. By the way, I used Kaplan this summer.

Members don't see this ad.

find a new kaplan place...maybe your kaplan place sucked, but from my experiences, kaplan is superior to EK, so find a new kaplan center and enjoy.

Hey there,
I used examkrackers books, 101 verbal passages, 1001 physics questions, and audio osmosis plus aamc and managed to raise my score from april 4 points in just over 3 weeks. I couldn't study any earlier than this, but I was surprised with my improvement. I really liked the way they explained a lot of the concepts, especially physics. I liked their verbal techniques also.

You will hear people say EK is the best, people that say Kaplan is the best, and people that say TPR is the best. You probably cannot go wrong with any of them as long as you put in the work. First, did you take a course before the last MCAT, and what materials did you use to study? Where there aspects to those materials/courses that you didn't like? Answering those questions may help you decide what course would be best for you. A lot of it may also depend on the instructor, and not the course.

I took Kaplan in 1994, and I scored 9v, 8p, 9b. I don't think that I took full advantage of the course, but I don't have fond memories of it. This is probably in large part due to my score, which I was unsatisfied with. I also do not believe that I had a very strong instructor.

I have not taken the EK course, but I used their materials (books and audio osmosis) to study on my own for the August 2002 exam. I was very impressed with EK, and I prefer their materials to Kaplan. You may want to take that with a grain of salt. As the boy wonder pointed out to someone else, people usually prefer whatever materials they used most recently because they usually perform better (due to the fact they work harder because they were dissapointed with their scores). I also think their classes would be very good based on their CDs, and their willingness to help people on their website. I also strongly recommend their verbal strategy. Anyway, I scored 13v, 10p, 13b on the August exam.

The bottomline is: you'll need to put in the work with any course, and any of the above courses are good enough. I prefer EK, but you will hear many people say that they love Kaplan or TPR.

Members don't see this ad :)
tru,

prep is what you make of it, but some materials are inferior, and thus, superior, to others.

I had the same problem with not sleeping the night before. I think it had alot to do with me prepping so hard the week before. Not so much studying but idiotic stuff like spending all day getting making a nap sack full of stuff to do during the test, training myself to wake up on time, and loads of other stuff. Ironically if I just went about my life as normal I probably would of been able to sleep the night before.

As for the best prep course, I wouldn't recommend taking Kaplan again if you have already taken it. And with a score of 27 it sounds more like you need to refine your test taking skills rather then sitting through hours of review

:( It might be the most stupid question you guys have ever encountered with...what is EK? ???

thanks

EK--Examkrackers...a lot of people on SDN use their books as review materials. Thier books are really good, I'm just wondering who has taken their class and what they thought of it (it's more regional than Kaplan or TPR). EK has classes in Philadelphia and Manhattan I believe.

Anyone else have opinions, thanks for all the advice so far!