Position Wanted Seeking PG-Y1: Green Card, Step 3, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rabo2000

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realize this match season is over. However, I am an eternal optimist that believes the unexpected could still happen. I needed to reach out, in case a spot opens up somewhere. I am in New York right now, have a Green Card, and can show up for an in-person or skype interview on short notice. My LORs, including those from Drexel University and Columbia University, where I have recently completed observerships, are available directly within ERAS.

Highlights:
1. Canadian Citizen, recently became a Green Card holder
2. Completed a one-month observership at Columbia University, New York in February 2019 with favorable reviews.
3. Completed an intense six-month hands-on Physician Refresher Program at Drexel University in 2018 with favorable reviews.
4. Completed a one-month observership at Einstein, Philadelphia in October 2018
5. Completed several micro-certifications through Drexel
6. Currently in New York, open to relocating
7. Dow (PK) 2012 Graduate
8. USMLE Step 1: 205, Step 2 CK: 221, Step 2 CS & Step 3: 208 in June 2018

Besides managing care for both my parents in the Canadian and US systems (myocardial infarction, stroke and renal failure), in the last few years, I have gained significant US clinical experience through numerous clerkships, observerships, and research work. I worked as a mobile Harm Care Reduction Worker with LookOut Emergency Aid Society. I completed rotations at University of Washington (UW) and Virginia Mason Medical Center. I also completed clinical observerships and multiple research projects at Columbia University, Drexel University, Virginia Mason Medical Center, Swedish Medical Center, and Seattle Science Foundation. Recently at Columbia University, I worked closely with medical students, residents, fellows and attending physicians. I attended morning reports, grand rounds and took the lead in discussions during noon lectures. I also received comprehensive training in the Columbia EMR system.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I am an IMG, citizen here. Going through similar situation as yours. Scores are almost same as yours. Done with step3 also. This was my 3rd year applying And unmatched. So disheartened.
I have good recommendations from PD, 1 year of research experience in NYU with publications.
Ready to relocate anywhere in US but nothing works out for me. I just wish some miracle to work out.

Reactions: 1 user