Seeking southeast CA3/PGY4 position July 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HLE2

Reaction score
Current CA2 seeking a CA3 July 2020 position in the southeast.

US MD, >90th percentile ITE, passed basic.

Members don't see this ad.

Current CA2 seeking a CA3 July 2020 position in the southeast.

US MD, >90th percentile ITE, passed basic.

I’m not sure this is possible. You’d probably have to go back and repeat CA-2 year. I can’t think of a program that would sign off on you to practice independently after only 1 year of supervision (the exception being if your program closed). What happened that you can’t finish where you are now?

I’m not sure this is possible. You’d probably have to go back and repeat CA-2 year. I can’t think of a program that would sign off on you to practice independently after only 1 year of supervision (the exception being if your program closed). What happened that you can’t finish where you are now?

?

I am an active CA2 and can finish residency at my current program. I will be completing CA2 year here. I am seeing if there are any opportunities for transfer for the next academic year in which I will then be a CA3 as program vacancies occasionally pop up.

Members don't see this ad :)
?

I am an active CA2 and can finish residency at my current program. I will be completing CA2 year here. I am seeing if there are any opportunities for transfer for the next academic year in which I will then be a CA3 as program vacancies occasionally pop up.

Why are you transferring? Is your program sooooo bad that you have to go? Do you have your Pd support? What kind of program are you in? Is there some family problems that you have to leave?

The program put in time and resources to train you, (it may not seem that way to you), they may not release you unless you have a compelling reason.....

Most people would just finish where they started, since now finally you know all the surgeons, all the staff. Transferring, especially the last year of training is difficult in any specialities.

Reactions: 2 users