Selecting/Removing potential schools. Are my stats good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zohairk

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'll be applying towards the end of June/early July. I recently took the DAT and this is what I scored.

AA: 20 (24 in QR, 19 in reading)
TS: 20 (22 in orgo, 19 in chem, 18 in bio)
PAT: 22
oGPA: 3.68-3.7
sGPA: 3.51

Please let me know if it's necessary to retake. The schools I'll be applying to so far are the following:
1) Boston University
2) Tufts
3) University of Michigan (in-state resident, undergrad)
4) University of Detroit Mercy (in-state)
5) NYU
6) Ohio State University
7) University of Florida
8) Rutgers University
9) University of Kentucky
10) Case Western University
11) University of North Carolina

I would love to apply to USC, UPacific, NOVA, Columbia (just to try), and Temple - but I'm not sure if they are stretches.
Let me know if I need to remove any schools, add some or if a retake for the DAT is necessary. I won't have the time to study for it like last time - at all - I know that much.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd remove NYU, UPacific, Columbia and USC for sure.. Probably Tufts too but that's my opinion...too expensive, shoot for the cheapest options

Reactions: 1 users
If you are not a Florida resident, the University of Florida is not a good choice, they favor IS applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd remove NYU, UPacific, Columbia and USC for sure.. Probably Tufts too but that's my opinion...too expensive, shoot for the cheapest options
I'd agree on the UPacific and Columbia part. Why should I remove Tufts, NYU and UNC? I know that NYU is expensive, but it's within my stats range. Tufts is also within my stat range - I'm sure they accept a lot of students as well!

If you are not a Florida resident, the University of Florida is not a good choice, they favor IS applicants.
Ok, sounds good. Let me look into that then because you may be right - I am sure I read that somewhere as well. Besides that, are my stats good enough to apply to BostonU, tufts, NYU, michigan schools, etc?

Ok, sounds good. Let me look into that then because you may be right - I am sure I read that somewhere as well. Besides that, are my stats good enough to apply to BostonU, tufts, NYU, michigan schools, etc?
I think yes, your dat is good, and gpa high enough. A good personal statement and extracurriculars and you should be fine. I'd add Temple and Louisville (Louisville is a great school). Good luck :)

I'd agree on the UPacific and Columbia part. Why should I remove Tufts, NYU and UNC? I know that NYU is expensive, but it's within my stats range. Tufts is also within my stat range - I'm sure they accept a lot of students as well!
I said USC not UNC.. USC and NYU are some of the most expensive schools in the country.. Your stats are fine which is why you should try to get into cheaper options. browse other threads and you'll see what others say about it

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone,

I'll be applying towards the end of June/early July. I recently took the DAT and this is what I scored.

AA: 20 (24 in QR, 19 in reading)
TS: 20 (22 in orgo, 19 in chem, 18 in bio)
PAT: 22
oGPA: 3.68-3.7
sGPA: 3.51

Please let me know if it's necessary to retake. The schools I'll be applying to so far are the following:
1) Boston University
2) Tufts
3) University of Michigan (in-state resident, undergrad)
4) University of Detroit Mercy (in-state)
5) NYU
6) Ohio State University
7) University of Florida
8) Rutgers University
9) University of Kentucky
10) Case Western University
11) University of North Carolina

I would love to apply to USC, UPacific, NOVA, Columbia (just to try), and Temple - but I'm not sure if they are stretches.
Let me know if I need to remove any schools, add some or if a retake for the DAT is necessary. I won't have the time to study for it like last time - at all - I know that much.
too many state/public schools
you need to apply broadly and wisely...