Selecting schools to send DAT scores - at registration??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NDPitch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't know this is how it worked, haha. I'm signing up for the DAT, but I haven't really come up with a solid list of schools that I'll be applying to. I know some, but not all of them. The page where you select schools states...

"The fee for Dental schools not selected at the time of application is $30 per report."

Oh come on now! What a rip, ha. So I guess I should know everywhere I'm going to apply before I register?

Members don't see this ad.

OR...just select them all. It doesn't hurt. It definitely saves you from paying $30 to each addition later. Silly policy. Wonder if they'll ever amend that.

select all, but it isnt too crazy to think you should know which dental schools to which you will be applying considering it is something you have worked towards and prepared yourself for a number of years :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Choose the 5 or whatever you get included now.. and after the test you can have test scores sent to any additional schools (then you can choose only the additional ones you are actually going to complete an application for.

I took the advice of just selecting them all. Hopefully that has no negative side effects. Also, I didn't know they'd ask for such detailed information to take the DAT, such as my class rank in high school. I have no idea what that was, and guessed the middle of the road (60 to 80 %).

60-80% would mean you're in the bottom 60-80% of your class

60-80% would mean you're in the bottom 60-80% of your class

I don't think that's correct. It asked what percentile I was in. If you are in the 90th percentile of something, 10% of people did better than you. Regardless, does the high school rank play into anything at all?

Edit: I think the questions are just part of a study, and don't matter. Anyways, did anyone else select every school? Did it hurt you at all?

I think it's just for research or a study or something. It doesn't affect anything.

Yea just select all the schools, thats what I did when I signed up a couple months ago. No harm no foul.

And yea I guess that would be right, but I think it asked for your actual class rank anyways. Guess it just depends how you word it but if you say the 80% "percentile" then you're right that would mean 20% did better than you.