Selective Branches of Genicular Nerves?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where I trained, the docs did not like using steroid in post TKA geniculars for fear of increasing infectious risk. I have seen the same thing in the community, and it has been my practice to date.
However, it does seem sort of far-fetched and over-cautious. What do you guys think?

Have done many hundreds with steroid no issues...

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody using coolief for these? They are marketing hardcore everywhere. I heard an ad on pandora. Kit is only compatible with halyard rf machine. Cost is about $700 for kit. Saw the reimbursement..literally peanuts for asc. Hospital gets like 2k for it. Just wondering if anyone has used it and if they noticed superior results.

BLOWS my mind how much Baylis is advertising a procedure which requires equipment that can only be afforded in hospitals. There simply cannot be that many docs doing this procedure using their equipment. I just use 16 ga RF cannulae. 3 of those cost me about $70 while a single coolief probe costs my ASC about $850. Totally NUTS.

BLOWS my mind how much Baylis is advertising a procedure which requires equipment that can only be afforded in hospitals. There simply cannot be that many docs doing this procedure using their equipment. I just use 16 ga RF cannulae. 3 of those cost me about $70 while a single coolief probe costs my ASC about $850. Totally NUTS.

It goes beyond that. You MUST buy their machine as well. They won't rent the machine on an as needed basis.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
for the 1/3 measurement of the femur.... the superior landmark is not well described. To be accurate using 1/3 measurement, is the suoerior aspect of the femoral head used, trochanter etc used for landmark measurement

"For the nerves of the superior knee, the horizontal treatment line is defined at a distance of 1/3 the vertical length
of the thigh superior to the knee and connects the medial and lateral borders of the patella.

I posted for discussion re the last article above , FYI reposted below https://www.researchgate.net/public..._treatment_of_inferior_and_superior_knee_pain
Specifically about more accurate way to localize the supra-patellar (infapatellar) for better procedural success this makes sense, they cite in that same article 93% success of localization with this method, BTW NO images with needle placement are shown. There has been previous discussion that placement too proximal to the knee can potentially harm patellar tendon and should be more cephalad.