Self-Assessment vs. AAMC VERBAL REASONING

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheAnonymous

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is the Self-Assessment the same difficulty as the AAMC CBTs or Harder/Easier? Is it a good representative?

I'm planning to take the verbal section of the SA in a week to see where I am. I still have more than half of TPR and EK101 left but since I'm not doing great, I just want to see how I perform on AAMC verbal compared to these companies... any thoughts/comments? Was SA Verbal close to what you will see on the AAMCs FLs?

Members don't see this ad.

The SA's come from old exams (1,2 and 6 I think). So yes they are the same thing. They start off easy and progressively get harder. I'd recommend not doing them all in one sitting I did that and it was a big mistake

Reactions: 1 user
The SA's come from old exams (1,2 and 6 I think). So yes they are the same thing. They start off easy and progressively get harder. I'd recommend not doing them all in one sitting I did that and it was a big mistake

Thank you! Do you suggest doing them before AAMC 3?

Yeah I think it could only help. They show you what kind of problems you get wrong and what passage subjects give you the most trouble (Natural Sciences, Humanities, etch.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty weird that the verbal passages on my MCAT (3/22) were very straightforward. Maybe the questions were a bit harder, but the passages were very easy to comprehend unlike the ones from AAMC FLs. No fancy words, grammars, metaphors, etc..

Pretty weird that the verbal passages on my MCAT (3/22) were very straightforward. Maybe the questions were a bit harder, but the passages were very easy to comprehend unlike the ones from AAMC FLs. No fancy words, grammars, metaphors, etc..
Man, I'd say you got lucky I would rather have a straightforward passage with hard questions then the other way round. If I can understand the passage no question is too difficult lol

Reactions: 3 users
Man, I'd say you got lucky I would rather have a straightforward passage with hard questions then the other way round. If I can understand the passage no question is too difficult lol

exactly !!!!

Brood hopefully u score veryyy high so u wont have to retake it...

Reactions: 1 users

That's why I am kinda worried about my retake (if I have to take one).

I was wondering the same thing...whether to do the SA or AAMC FLs first. I think I am going to use up all my non-AAMC FLs first, then take the SA and use that to bone up on what I need to before diving into the AAMC FLs. I really appreciate your help!

I was wondering the same thing...whether to do the SA or AAMC FLs first. I think I am going to use up all my non-AAMC FLs first, then take the SA and use that to bone up on what I need to before diving into the AAMC FLs. I really appreciate your help!
I was going to do the same but I won't have enough time :( I wanna start taking AAMCs at least 1.5 months before my exam