self studiers- what do you do when you get stuck?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

d33ds

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm thinking about just self-studying but what did you do when you had questions about stuff? did you find most of your questions on forums like this and the one on the EK website? one of my minor concerns with taking an MCAT course was to have someone to ask questions to.... how'd you do it?

Members don't see this ad.

You can find a lot of the answers from the EK forum as well as this forum. I know what you mean about not having someone to ask the question, but the more that you read about the material, the more you'll understand.

i'm thinking about just self-studying but what did you do when you had questions about stuff? did you find most of your questions on forums like this and the one on the EK website? one of my minor concerns with taking an MCAT course was to have someone to ask questions to.... how'd you do it?

The first thing I do is check out the Wikipedia entry. For instance, I will Google "wikipedia buffer" without quotes.

That normally does it, but if that doesn't work I come here and check out the stickied threads in the Study Question Q&A subforum (ex General Chemistry FAQs).

If that doesn't do it, then I'll post a thread here.

Your MCAT studying should mostly be reviewing things you already learned in a class somewhere. If you are trying to learn organic chemistry and such on your own you are in for a world of hurt. If you are confused on some minor point the best thing to do is look it up in one of your old textbooks.