self-studying - how to schedule?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharpnerd00

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For you self-studiers out there, which do you think is the more efficient way to go about study?

- Studying a different subject on different days of the week...
OR
- Studying one subject a week (or something like that) until the MCATs arrive!

With four weeks to go, structure and organization is key- but I just can't wrap my head around only one subject because I'm always constantly thinking about the other subjects that I could be working on!

Members don't see this ad.

either way, u better get started quick, theres only a month left!

but i use the first approach.

Yeah OP, you really should have started studying earlier. Anyway, I think the best thing to do is do a different subject each day...that way your routine won't be so monotanous with the same subject day after day, and when you get to the end you will be fresh with everything. Good luck to you in April! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
sharpnerd00 said:
For you self-studiers out there, which do you think is the more efficient way to go about study?

- Studying a different subject on different days of the week...
OR
- Studying one subject a week (or something like that) until the MCATs arrive!

With four weeks to go, structure and organization is key- but I just can't wrap my head around only one subject because I'm always constantly thinking about the other subjects that I could be working on!

You can do it in a month, but it's going to be pointless unless you take practice exams along with it. You need to get a good feel for how it's structured and how you'll complete these questions in a timed environment.
G'luck.

try two different subjects per day, then practice a full exam each weekend. that should be enough. good luck

you already stated that you don't feel comfortable studying one subject at at time so I agree with this plan below. do the practice exam on a saturday and then review it on sunday. study up on your weak topics during the week and whatever else you are able to add to that.

emma1980 said:
try two different subjects per day, then practice a full exam each weekend. that should be enough. good luck

stoleyerscrubz said:
you already stated that you don't feel comfortable studying one subject at at time so I agree with this plan below. do the practice exam on a saturday and then review it on sunday. study up on your weak topics during the week and whatever else you are able to add to that.

you can also do practice problems after you finish a chapter of the review material. that way, it will reinforce all the things you learned in that particular chapter and infuse it into your brain. :)

lol thanks for the concern that i had only a month left, sdn
i've already been studying for a month :p and reviewed one of the comprehensive big books and now i just need more structure! (aside from just doing ten million tests...)

perhaps PS + BS alternating weeks. i dunno- seems like everyone says alternate the subjects!
thx