Sell or hang on to these books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

m1lktea

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have quite a few books from MS1, MS2, and Step 1 studying..

Which should I keep for my clinical years?

Goljan Path
BRS Physio
Rohen Anatomy Atlas
Roadmaps Anatomy
Lipincott's Biochem
RR Biochem
High Yield Behavorial Sci
HY Neuroscience

Which books should I hang on to for clerkship? I'm leaning towards Goljan, Roadmaps, HY Neuro, and maybe anatomy atlas...

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I say you build a mini-temple out of them and hold services there. Doing so will no doubt bestow the power of medicine upon you.

ETA: In more seriousness, I heard a lot of people keep an anatomy atlas and/or anatomy book doing the pimpage that occurs on surgical rotation.

Sell EVERYTHING now while it still has some value ( before the next edition comes out)

Unless you have some serious nostalgia about these texts, I can almost guarantee you wont open them again. If you get pimped on surgery, you will not have time to go home to your book and look at it. That and google/wiki/uptodate/ all the other resources you will have at you fingertips on the nearest hospital computer will be more than enough, That and they're free. Is it really going to be worth the $30+ you could get a piece for that once or twice you might crack the book? Of course not! And more than likely all the sources I quickly listed will have more than enough detail for what you need.

you will need to buy new/used books for each rotation to study from though, and these and a Qbank will be all you need to do well 3rd year

Members don't see this ad :)
Sell EVERYTHING now while it still has some value ( before the next edition comes out)

Unless you have some serious nostalgia about these texts, I can almost guarantee you wont open them again. If you get pimped on surgery, you will not have time to go home to your book and look at it. That and google/wiki/uptodate/ all the other resources you will have at you fingertips on the nearest hospital computer will be more than enough, That and they're free. Is it really going to be worth the $30+ you could get a piece for that once or twice you might crack the book? Of course not! And more than likely all the sources I quickly listed will have more than enough detail for what you need.

you will need to buy new/used books for each rotation to study from though, and these and a Qbank will be all you need to do well 3rd year

I like your username. Goes well with the picture too. Well rounded!

Sell them all on amazon or ebay.

I saved them all and didn't look at a single one. When I need to look something up its much easier to go online than dig around in a textbook. Third year was all online info and shelf review books/UWorld for studying, 4th year has been UpToDate only.

Thanks for the feedback! Definitely going to let it go ASAP.

I am a bookaholic and hoard books like nobody's business. However that does not mean I open all of them on the regular basis :)

I kept my Netter's, but mostly for nostalgia. It and my torn-to-hell First Aid will be my two keepsakes from med school.