Semester b4 mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vectorman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I would really appreciate some advice here. I have an option of taking either biochemistry or animal physiology (but it is really human physiology; they use a human physiology textbook). I really don't want to take both because it might be too much to handle while studying 4 mcat. So which of these courses is more useful...both in terms of medical school admissions and MCAT. I am a neuroscience major. Thanks for ur advice!!

Members don't see this ad.

Take Human Physiology, Better yet take kaplan PR, or EK and screw both of those courses.

Personally I found Phys more helpful then Biochem for the MCAT. Your bound to get an entire passage that requires physio knowledge, either GI, Cardio, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
not being a fan of biochem (if it is the graduate one then go biochem), i vote physiology

I heard ADCOMs r really looking 4 Bchem more than physio. Is this tru?

biochem is required by a few schools, recommended by many more. Some schools advise against taking A/P (its on too low of a level compared to what you'll get in med school) and a couple schools require it.

As fo the MCAT, biochem will be absolutely useless, while physiology will be helpful on the Bio section.

take the graduate biochem, it is a lot more interesting and the profs are generally smarter, so are the TAs, all in all they cause you less headaches.