1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Semi-Cool Story (Interview Arrangements)

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by owen_osh, Oct 15, 2002.

1. owen_osh

owen_osh Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I've got interviews scheduled at Yale and Columbia in a few weeks, so I decided to call Cornell today to see if they would give me an interview while I was in the area. At first, the lady on the phone told me that she could put a note in my file and the committee would try to look at my application more quickly in order to accomodate my schedule. This was definitely more than I had expected them to do, and it makes Cornell look really good in my eyes.

But, when she looked at my file she told me that I had already been invited, which was the first time I had heard of it. It turned out that the official email had not been sent yet, but it sounded like a batch of interview emails will be sent very soon. Anyway, I think I'll be able to schedule all the interviews back-to-back.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Street Philosopher

10+ Year Member

quite a series there!

4. owen_osh

owen_osh Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

OK, I just tried NYU. They said to send a letter stating that I will be in the area during the time period of my other interviews. Then, if the committee selects me for an interview, I should be able to schedule it during the same time period. It wasn't really clear whether the letter would expedite the review of my application though.

Maybe I should call some more Northeast schools. Hmmm.