Seminar in Immunobiology 600 level course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spirit of the Student Doc

Worrying will never change the outcome
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I got into this. It's 1 credit. I've been unable to locate the teacher and get my hands on a syllabus.

But I have taken immunology and serology. Then again everyone else in there is a graduate level student and I'm a sophomore.

So yeah............................ Should I drop it or........ I mean I think it might be interesting, but I can't write a 20 page paper on something either.

and I'm going to speak with the professor eventually.

Members don't see this ad.

You seem to have figured out what you need to do already?

None of us have any idea about the specific requirements of the class you are talking about.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Drop the class and run. You have no business being in a graduate level course. Also, you don't want your GPA to tank because your GPA must be competitive by the time you apply.

Drop the class and run. You have no business being in a graduate level course. Also, you don't want your GPA to tank because your GPA must be competitive by the time you apply.
Maybe you're right. My bio advisor suggested I take a 300 level course, Wildlife Behavior Ecology (Seminar 1 credit). It counts as a upper level science credit (which I have to take a few eventually) and said it wasn't the hardest thing in the world. I'm thinking I'm going to speak to the professor in the 300 level course and probably just drop the 600 level course.

So, I got into this. It's 1 credit. I've been unable to locate the teacher and get my hands on a syllabus.

But I have taken immunology and serology. Then again everyone else in there is a graduate level student and I'm a sophomore.

So yeah............................ Should I drop it or........ I mean I think it might be interesting, but I can't write a 20 page paper on something either.

and I'm going to speak with the professor eventually.
Why in God's name would you take a graduate-level course as an undergraduate? Those classes usually aren't even an option for u to enroll in.

Why in God's name would you take a graduate-level course as an undergraduate? Those classes usually aren't even an option for u to enroll in.
I have no idea how I got in. I actually didn't realize it was so high up until after I enrolled. I didn't bother to read the numbers...... I was just looking for something fun to enroll in. I now realize I may have made a mistake and I'll have to survive next semester without a fun class :thinking: Then again it beats suffering through it and possibly hurting my other courses for just 1 credit...... I don't think any med school would be impressed with that.

I have no idea how I got in. I actually didn't realize it was so high up until after I enrolled. I didn't bother to read the numbers...... I was just looking for something fun to enroll in. I now realize I may have made a mistake and I'll have to survive next semester without a fun class :thinking: Then again it beats suffering through it and possibly hurting my other courses for just 1 credit...... I don't think any med school would be impressed with that.
Usually there are certain course numbers reserved for undergraduate courses and certain courses reserved for graduate courses, ie. 100-200 is usually introductory undergrad level; 300-400 is upper level undergrad, etc.

Usually there are certain course numbers reserved for undergraduate courses and certain courses reserved for graduate courses, ie. 100-200 is usually introductory undergrad level; 300-400 is upper level undergrad, etc.

Here's an interesting twist though. What if it's only graded on a pass/fail level? Or if I speak with the professor and I'm told it's an easy A (at least if I was a grad student)?

Should I take it for resume padding? Or am I right in suspecting no medical school will even look at this past the gpa impact.

Here's an interesting twist though. What if it's only graded on a pass/fail level? Or if I speak with the professor and I'm told it's an easy A (at least if I was a grad student)?

Should I take it for resume padding? Or am I right in suspecting no medical school will even look at this past the gpa impact.
No med school will care.

Better just drop it and move on then. Thanks for the input.
Yes. Med schools don't have to time to wade thru transcripts and course catalogs to see you too a graduate course. Same reason why taking an "Honors" undergraduate course is useless. It doesn't matter.

I've taken a few grad courses as an undergrad, and from some of the posts I've read on here, it isn't unheard of. Granted I wasn't a sophomore when i took any of them