Seminar on political polarization

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WisNeuro

Board Certified in Clinical Neuropsychology
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, as this is a very salient topic, I wanted to throw out an upcoming virtual seminar by a colleague of mine. It's Friday March 19th from 9AM-Noon. It's title is Politcal Polarization: what can psychologists do about it? Here's a brief synopsis

"As our sociopolitical world descends into extreme divisiveness, families and friendship networks are fraying. We can just keep doing our traditional work addressing the client issues that we are most familiar with, in the hope that the public fever will break before long. Or we can expand our vision and see therapy as building capacity for people to cope with political stress and live in a pluralistic democracy where people close to them differ from them politically. This workshop will offer an expanded vision for the role of therapists in today’s troubled times. It will focus on helping clients navigate the personal and relational minefields of political stress in their everyday lives, and it will describe the presenter’s experience in depolarizing political “reds” and “blues” through workshops sponsored by an organization called Braver Angels.

This session is at the intermediate level and is designed for psychologists and other mental health professionals.

You can link to it here.

Feel free to backchannel me or ask here if you have any questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Sounds VERY relevant but I'm not able to attend live. Will it be recorded?

Sounds VERY relevant but I'm not able to attend live. Will it be recorded?

The speaker has agreed to let us record and offer as an on demand presentation. So, as long as we don't have any issues with recording, it should be up afterwards, though there is usually some lag as we get it in format and get quiz questions approved.

When people attend live they don't have to answer quiz questions, but when it's a "homestudy" as APA defines it, they do. Just an FYI.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The speaker has agreed to let us record and offer as an on demand presentation. So, as long as we don't have any issues with recording, it should be up afterwards, though there is usually some lag as we get it in format and get quiz questions approved.

When people attend live they don't have to answer quiz questions, but when it's a "homestudy" as APA defines it, they do. Just an FYI.

I am also interested but can't attend live. How do we get access to the recording? Thanks for sharing :)

Do we get official @WisNeuro autographs if we sign up for the live event?

Sounds cool though, I will try and catch the recording as I have another CE booked for Friday. I really need to get on track with my CEs.

Do we get official @WisNeuro autographs if we sign up for the live event?

Sounds cool though, I will try and catch the recording as I have another CE booked for Friday. I really need to get on track with my CEs.

I'll try and get some NFTs going ;)

MPA does have a few gero oriented on demand CEs if you're interested.

Reactions: 1 user
Will this be on Zoom/can participants see each other? There needs to be a secret SDN signal to communicate with each other.
Yes, this will be Zoom. What? You didn't get your SDN Old Guard T-shirt yet?

Lemme know.... I'll call the print shop, and mail them out to your secret addresses.

SDN Old Guard.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users