sending additional info to schools...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

charlie200

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently found out that an abstract which I co-authored was published in a pretty good journal. Since I already submitted my amcas, schools won't see this- Should I send this additional info to schools? How? or should I just mention it at interviews?

thanks for the help

Members don't see this ad.

I would save it for an update letter.

I was wondering what the general consensus is on this... How soon is too soon for an update letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
anything pre-secondary I would say is def. too soon. Possibly pre-interview as well.
Most send after an interview or when waitlisted.

I would agree - sent an update letter post-interview OR if you haven't received an interview invite by December you could send it then (that's when ppl still in school send their updated grades in, so it's probably a good time).

Lots of schools have space on the secondaries for you to include "additional information that you would like the adcom to know," so I'd put it there. I'm including my summer/fall plans and spring 05 grades in there. Nothing much, but it's a little substance, and I'd rather not leave the whole essay space blank.