Sending additional LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cm1285

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it improper or disliked by admissions if i send an additional letter of rec after I've submitted my secondaries and initial set of LORs?? A lot of these schools ask for the names and titles of the recommenders on the secondary, so im wondering if the extra letter I send will be properly matched with my file. I sent about 18 secondaries in the past 3 weeks so no interview notices/rejections yet.

Members don't see this ad.

I do not think it would hurt to send more, the worst they can do is ignore it. But just call the school and ask yourself, that would be the best way.

I would call and ask if they accept additional LOR and if it is okay to send it after all the required materials are sent in.
Also, for the secondaries that you have sent in- schools may not have had a chance to review your application and that's why you haven't received any notices. When you call...you should ask if they have received everything and if they have had a chance to review your file.