Sending an additional LOR now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

donuthole

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok guys. What would you do in this situation: My boss for research just wrote me a letter of rec out of the blue last week. I've already sent the maximum letters of rec for all the schools I've applied to. What would you do in this situation? would you send in the boss' additional LOR even though it will exceed the schools' maximum? It's a good LOR, so i'm very confused.

Thank you again.

Members don't see this ad.

So, my sister applied with ok stats but amazing LORs. She sent in 8 LORs to every single school she applied to, even though it obviously exceeded the max. AND she got into many top med schools, and attends a top 10 currently (i will not say which one, to keep confidentiality), and I am NOT lying. So that is why i'm a little confused. Schools say they don't want to you exceed the max, but how true is that really?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ultimately, the risk is your own. If the adcom reads it, they'll read it. Otherwise, they'll take the first 5 letters and ignore the others. Do what you feel is best to improve your chances. I personally wouldn't do it.

I would wait if you get waitlisted then send it in as additional material.