This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueberry4104

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
No, it will take a good two to four weeks to get verified at that point. But even so, you cant submit your AMCAS until you have your spring grades (if you want them included) as you need to know those grades. And you do not enter the verification queue until BOTH primary application AND ALL transcripts have been received . So quite the OCD mindset with the myth that you HAVE TO BE verified by first transmission date otherwise you will be late, you chances will be nil, and you spend your life as a 7-11 clerk instead of a physician. If your primary application is received by August first it is Early/Ontime

Perhaps one glorious day, AMCAS verification will become an instant, computerized task

Reactions: 1 user
dont hold your breath

I mean, theoretically, we already have the technology to do it. A school could potentially send digitized transcripts through a field format (which AMCAS would have to design) which a computer can contrast the AMCAS entries with.

It's just a matter of standardizing and implementation. I'm sure it'll save AMCAS hundreds of thousands of dollars in the long run to not have to hire so many people for verification. But yes, it'll probably be decades before something like this is in place.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, it will take a good two to four weeks to get verified at that point. But even so, you cant submit your AMCAS until you have your spring grades (if you want them included) as you need to know those grades. And you do not enter the verification queue until BOTH primary application AND ALL transcripts have been received . So quite the OCD mindset with the myth that you HAVE TO BE verified by first transmission date otherwise you will be late, you chances will be nil, and you spend your life as a 7-11 clerk instead of a physician. If your primary application is received by August first it is Early/Ontime

So lets say I order/ send all my completed transcripts well in advance and they are received by AMCAS early. I have my application ready to submit, and I send my spring grades to AMCAS via Parchment as soon as they're posted. Would I basically enter the verification queue immediately after they get the e-transcript (15 min or so) ? That would still be submitting mid June so yeah I agree that'd be pretty dang early still even for a low gpa applicant like me. Do I have this right?

So lets say I order/ send all my completed transcripts well in advance and they are received by AMCAS early. I have my application ready to submit, and I send my spring grades to AMCAS via Parchment as soon as they're posted. Would I basically enter the verification queue immediately after they get the e-transcript (15 min or so) ? That would still be submitting mid June so yeah I agree that'd be pretty dang early still even for a low gpa applicant like me. Do I have this right?

When you list a school on the primary your account will generate a request for the transcript from that school. This occurs for every single school you list. When the transcript arrives and AMCAS loads it into your application (which can happen either before or after you submit your app) the request is complete.

After you submit your application, the AMCAS processing system will check to make sure every transcript request is complete. If it is, you enter the verification line. And if not, then it will wait until the transcripts are sent it and loaded.

I don’t think you can add a transcript to your file after submitting the app because you have to generate a transcript request in order for your transcript to be used during verification. And you can’t generate transcript requests post-submission iirc.

But I want to ask @gonnif about filling out the app itself because I’m pretty sure you can fill in those courses as “future/current” and the verifiers will go ahead and fill in those grades ONLY IF the transcript that completed the transcript request contains those grades.

When you list a school on the primary your account will generate a request for the transcript from that school. This occurs for every single school you list. When the transcript arrives and AMCAS loads it into your application (which can happen either before or after you submit your app) the request is complete.

After you submit your application, the AMCAS processing system will check to make sure every transcript request is complete. If it is, you enter the verification line. And if not, then it will wait until the transcripts are sent it and loaded.

I don’t think you can add a transcript to your file after submitting the app because you have to generate a transcript request in order for your transcript to be used during verification. And you can’t generate transcript requests post-submission iirc.

But I want to ask @gonnif about filling out the app itself because I’m pretty sure you can fill in those courses as “future/current” and the verifiers will go ahead and fill in those grades ONLY IF the transcript that completed the transcript request contains those grades.

Oh sorry its my bad I was unclear, I wasn't planning to submit my application until I got the spring grades. Basically want to do this: work on app/add schools/order transcripts in early May --> finish filling out app, including listing spring coursework as if its been completed --> spring grades come in, input them into my app, request e-transcript via Parchment --> press submit June 15th

Last edited: