Sending FinAid to Schools You're Still waiting on..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WildcatS11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the rule for sending out all required financial aid documents (such as copies of W2's, tax returns, etc) if you still havent been accepted? I'm sure it doesnt 'hurt' your chances of acceptance but is it smart/necessary? Or should you just wait until acceptance to even worry about sending them anything. I could ask the schools, but I'm wondering for multiple different schools so just wondering if theres a straight forward answer to this. Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Just fill out the FAFSA and list all schools you have been accepted, waitlisted or haven't heard from yet.

If they don't need/want it (ie you don't get in or something) they won't use it. Take revenge by giving them more potential paperwork.

Yeah I did this, but almost all schools require some kind of supplementary form. So I'm just wondering if I should waste my time filling these out for all the schools I could *potentially* attend.

Oh. I guess you could check with all the schools.

Or go post over in the official FAFSA/Financial Aid thread - the people there might know something.

Good luck. :luck:

Yeah I did this, but almost all schools require some kind of supplementary form. So I'm just wondering if I should waste my time filling these out for all the schools I could *potentially* attend.
if you are waitlisted or w/e at these schools, if they request documents theres no harm in doing so. also they may have deadlines regardless. For example, im WL at one school but they due date for all fin aid is may 5th...whcih is several days before I would even come off the waitlist. In general theres no harm in sending them but a call to fin aid office will always fix things.