sending in secondaries before retaking of mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

troutangler

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on retaking the mcat July 24, and while I'll be waiting for the results I figure I'll start sending in secondaries. I was wondering if I should wait until I get my new scores back before sending them in though. Will the schools wait for the new scores before making a decision to reject or invite for interview? I don't want to get rejected before my new scores come back. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm planning on retaking the mcat July 24, and while I'll be waiting for the results I figure I'll start sending in secondaries. I was wondering if I should wait until I get my new scores back before sending them in though. Will the schools wait for the new scores before making a decision to reject or invite for interview? I don't want to get rejected before my new scores come back. Thanks

Ummmm yeah, you can't fill out secondaries until schools actually send them to you (or invite you to fill them out online). If you get secondaries from schools that don't pre-screen then you can fill them out and send them in, but they won't review your application officially until your 2nd MCAT score comes in.

Why don't you start working on your "why DO" essay . . . seems like alomst all the schools ask that question in their secondaries :D