Sending Interfolio Rec Letters to yourself

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstudentmed

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to send interfolio letters to yourself (ie sending it to a friend and then reading the letters)? Has anyone done this? Interfolio is supposedly a service for any kind of letters/resume/etc. so they wouldn't really be able to determine if it was a friend or not, right?

I'm really curious about my letters..

m

Members don't see this ad.

iono... I thought of it many times but didn't have the balls to actually risk getting caught.

Weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel weasel

Members don't see this ad :)
It's a matter of personal ethics and responsibility. Nothing is really stopping you.

They only send them to certifiable and legit addresses and recipients...read the fine print.

you can try... you can send them to a supervisor, who is also your friend, for example. You can if you're creative. I personally have never done this because I fear it might void my letters. But I might do it once the application cycle is over.. just out of curiosity.

you can try... you can send them to a supervisor, who is also your friend, for example. You can if you're creative. I personally have never done this because I fear it might void my letters. But I might do it once the application cycle is over.. just out of curiosity.

I know, I've been getting some weird looks from one of my profs, and I would love to know what he put there.

i have a friend who did it by sending them to his brother (who happens to work in admissions at UT). apparently, it's very easy.

while i didn't condone it and wouldn't have done it myself at the beginning of this app cycle, i have totally reconsidered that position and probably would now. this change of heart is based on a person in the texas forums who recently found out that the ONLY reason they didn't get into schools this cycle is because of ONE bad rec letter.

don't think it's fair at all that someone could crush your dreams like that. people shouldn't write letters if they aren't willing to write a strong letter. so with that in mind, i say go for it if you can get away with it. it may be dishonest, but it just might save you a year of your life, a ton of money, and a whole lot of heart ache in the long run.

don't think it's fair at all that someone could crush your dreams like that. people shouldn't write letters if they aren't willing to write a strong letter. so with that in mind, i say go for it if you can get away with it. it may be dishonest, but it just might save you a year of your life, a ton of money, and a whole lot of heart ache in the long run.

People can save themselves a load of trouble if they just asked if it will be a strong letter. You can't always assume that's the case. It should be one of the things you go over with your recommender while you are asking for a letter.

This just occurred to me. Alas, I have no connections that I would trust to help me commit fraud. Poor me. :naughty:

Marty-doc-remote.jpg

I was wondering when this thread would hit 88 mph