Sending LOI to UCSD. Who should i send it to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdnstud

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to send one to the office of admissions, and one to someone who has "a say" in admissions. Would this person be Dr. Kelly?

Members don't see this ad.

No one knows who the dean of admissions is? those who have been accepted to UCSD, who called to congratulate you?

nah; it's this other guy; he's pretty hefty. i dont have the contact on me right now at work, but when i get back home ill check for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you want Dr. David Rapaport.

Just send it to me, I'll make sure it gets to the right place ;)

MiguelSanchez said:
I think you want Dr. David Rapaport.

no you don't, he was only an interim dean for one year. i think you should send it to dean kelly. former dean savoia is still very much a power in the shadows though.

I actually called them and asked them about sending in a LOI, and they told me that while they would stick it with my folder, it would not really be considered. The only things that would be brought to their attention would be updates on schoolwork, projects, research, etc. However, I don't know if this is just what they say so they don't get hundreds of extra paperwork. Does anyone have any input on this? Thanks. :confused:

supersnuffles said:
I actually called them and asked them about sending in a LOI, and they told me that while they would stick it with my folder, it would not really be considered. The only things that would be brought to their attention would be updates on schoolwork, projects, research, etc. However, I don't know if this is just what they say so they don't get hundreds of extra paperwork. Does anyone have any input on this? Thanks. :confused:

Either way, doesn't seem like it would hurt.

so for those of you that have written to ucsd, who did you address the letter to? dean kelly?