Sending LOR's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

femdoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that some schools want 2, others 3 and some give you the option of sending additonal beyond the number required. Does anyone know which schools don't like it when you send more than the number of letters they require?

Members don't see this ad.

For the 24 schools I applied to....

1. SUNY Upstate (State University of New York at Syracuse) straight out say that they will only acknowledge 2 letters of rec (I believe one science and one non-science)

2. Wake Forest seems to only want 2 letters only (Again one science and one non-science). They even want each letter writer to fill out a recommendation form, unless a comittee letter is sent.

The others will tell you the min. letters they want, but don't specify the max. or set the max at around 5 letters:

Albert Einstein, Dartmouth, Emory, Georgetown, Harvard, Jefferson, Johns Hopkins, USC, Loma Linda, Med College of Wisconsin, Mount Sinai, Northwestern, Stanford, Tufts, U of Chicago Pritzker, U of Pennsylvania, U of Virginia, Vanderbilt, Yale, Columbia, and NYU

Finally I don't know about the policy from the 24th school, UCLA, which hasn't sent me any secondary yet.

Hi there,

There were two schools that I came across recently that specified no more than 5 letters. Sorry, in this blur of supplementaries, I can't recall which was which. Wait! George Washington was one; sorry, I can't recall the other.

Cheers,
Kirsteen

Caleb,

good looking out!

Thanks for the replies.