1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

sending MCAT scores to non AMCAS

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by cp00739, Jun 29, 2002.

1. cp00739

cp00739 Member
    7+ Year Member

hi, i've written the MCAT twice and was on the online mcat additional score report (ASR) website and noticed that I had the option of selecting which scores i'd like to send to the schools i've selected...does this mean that I can basically send my top scores without the schools knowing about my previous sitting??

does anyone know what we have to do in this situation? do we have to send both scores or do i just send my best score, which was my last sitting??

thanks all!!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bruinkid

bruinkid Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

cp00739-
    i took the mcat more than once as well. it is advisable by most schools that all scores from all seatings must be released. Since you improved, it is to your advantage only. many schools will assume that you did even worse that you may have actually done if you choose not to release your scores. Remember, most schools take your most recent mcat scores...and some take your best scores. You really have nothing to lose by releasing both. However, if you hide one, they still know that you have taken it, but they just don't have your score. it's far better to be open than to hide stuff from admissions committees. i hope this helps!