Sending my thesis to admissions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poorte42

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am waiting to hear from my No.1 school, which I sent a letter of intent two weeks ago.
Although I had an interview in January, I still have not heard anything from them.
I recently completed writing a thesis for my masters program (The thesis is about pediatric dentistry).
Should I send my thesis or an abstract to the adcom?
Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not too knowledgeable about this, but to me this seems like a desperate move that could be unwarranted considering you just recently sent them a letter of intent. I'd definitely would hope for the best and start thinking about another cycle...

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't think it would hurt to send a brief update letter with your abstract, just my opinion though

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the thesis a trendsetter for dentistry?

Reactions: 1 users
Don't do it IMO. I'm sure you mentioned it in your letters, so they could have asked if they were interested.
I say you keep making yourself more competitive, you are getting ready for the next cycle in the event you are not selected. Keep your head up, things will work out eventually.

May not help you this cycle but for future advice - I took a hardcopy of my thesis to my interview and gave it to the admissions committee!! I had said somewhere on my application that I had done my thesis on Prenatal Oral Health and Access to Care and they inquired about it at my interview and I was all like, "as a matter of fact I've got a copy here" they seemed impressed and asked if they could keep it and I got an acceptance on Dec 1st!!

Reactions: 1 user
You could always call the admissions office and ask about what they think

Reactions: 1 user