Sending PCAT scores to PharmCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sefira

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Man, I'm such an idiot! I went and spent money sending my PCAT score to my schools, but not to PharmCAS...and now I realize they won't take it unless I send it to PharmCAS.

There goes a hundred bucks down the drain.

Anyway, I was wondering if it were possible for me to still send my PCATs grades to PharmCAS once they come out? Or do I have to actually wait for my grades to be out before I can send them to PharmCAS? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Sefira said:
Man, I'm such an idiot! I went and spent money sending my PCAT score to my schools, but not to PharmCAS...and now I realize they won't take it unless I send it to PharmCAS.

Anyway, I was wondering if it were possible for me to still send my PCATs grades to PharmCAS once they come out? Or do I have to actually wait for my grades to be out before I can send them to PharmCAS? Thanks.

If you go to the PCAT Harcourt website and log-in there should be a link to "Transcript Request." You pay $20 per school and when your scores come in they will forward them to the schools you requested. On the website it says that transcripts typically take around six weeks to get to the schools. You might be able to have the scores sent to Pharmcas but i'm not sure about that. Good Luck!!!

Sefira said:

I did the exact same thing as you did, OMG. I just went to the harcourt website and paid another 20 to have the scores sent to pharmcas. It makes me mad that they didn't warn me about that, I registered for the pcat before I began my application, so I didn't really know where to send my scores. Just know that you aren't the only one!

It is such a messed up system. Not everyone knows exactly what schools he/she will be applying to when registering for the PCAT. My scores are going to a school in Philly that I don't think I'm even going to apply to anymore. So annoying... like this process isn't expensive enough. :thumbdown: :smuggrin: :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
calrx said:
It is such a messed up system. Not everyone knows exactly what schools he/she will be applying to when registering for the PCAT. My scores are going to a school in Philly that I don't think I'm even going to apply to anymore. So annoying... like this process isn't expensive enough. :thumbdown: :smuggrin: :mad:

No kidding, and they don't make it any easier for us. It would be nice if they gave some sort of tutorial or tips on the how-tos of applying to pharmacy school. And shouldn't they just automatically send pcat scores to pharmCAS???

Argh...should I be worrying that my Oct 22nd PCAT scores aren't up on PharmCAS? I went and sent in a request for them to be sent to PharmCAS weeks ago.

I've got a Dec 1st deadline, so I'm twitching a little here...

Sefira said:
Argh...should I be worrying that my Oct 22nd PCAT scores aren't up on PharmCAS? I went and sent in a request for them to be sent to PharmCAS weeks ago.

I've got a Dec 1st deadline, so I'm twitching a little here...

I'm pretty sure that you can submit your application to make your deadline before your pcat scores get to pharmcas. Just submit your application, I don't think it will affect your deadline.

A friend of mine didn't put Pharmcas on the list so she just called harcourt directly and they did it immediately. It shouldn't be a problem. :thumbup:

Here's my pity-party story about Harcourt :thumbdown:

When I registered to take the test by phone, they asked what 3 places I wanted to send my scores to (free) I told them PharmCAS, and one other school that didn't use PharmCAS. They asked me for a 3rd. I told them I didn't know yet. They said "JUST PICK SOMETHING IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT, AND YOU CAN CALL BACK LATER AND CHANGE IT WHEN YOU DECIDE..."

So I did. I picked a PharmCAS school that I intended on applying to, knowing that they were going to already get my scores through PharmCAS. Then when I called back a few weeks later to change it, They laughed in my face and said "TOO BAD, SUCKA!" And they charged me for my third choice, that was supposed to be free. And one of my PharmCAS schools got my scores form both Harcourt AND PharmCAS, which was ******ed. Bastards. What makes me so mad is that lady LIED TO ME!! :mad:

They are not supposed to charge for a third. That's really weird. I would call and complain about it.

starsweet said:
They are not supposed to charge for a third. That's really weird. I would call and complain about it.
I did. They kept referring me to some guy, who when I was transferred to him, I got voicemail every time. I left my name and number several times. Never got a return call. Then I gave up :rolleyes:

DHG said:
I did. They kept referring me to some guy, who when I was transferred to him, I got voicemail every time. I left my name and number several times. Never got a return call. Then I gave up :rolleyes:

shady, shady... :thumbdown: :eek: :mad:

This is most likely a stupid question but.... What is PharmCas? and why are people sending their PCAT scores there. I just sent my scores to the schools i was thinking about attending...is this not right?

eric.noland said:
This is most likely a stupid question but.... What is PharmCas? and why are people sending their PCAT scores there. I just sent my scores to the schools i was thinking about attending...is this not right?

PharmCas is a centralized application system for schools that choose to use it. If your school uses PharmCas it is a requirement that you send all your transcripts, PCAT score etc. directly to PharmCas and not the schools themselves. PharmCas will send your 1 application to all the schools you select.
Several schools still don't utilize PharmCas and if you're not applying to schools that use it, you have nothing to worry about. Check out pharmcas.org to get a list of schools that are participating.

Sefira said:

I’m in the same boat. I actually put five schools for my pcat score to be sent. I paid extra for two schools. A few days ago I realized how a big mistake I made. Four out of five schools I put won't take it unless I send it to PharmCAS. One of them doesn’t even require PCAT. So, I just went to the Harcourt website and paid another 20$ to have the scores sent to pharmCAS. :mad: Did any body know if it is possible to delete the schools I already put my score to be sent? It is not even about the money anymore; I just don’t want them to send my score to the school.