sending scores to pharmcas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

athena09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Im taking the pcats in october and i was wondering if i should list pharmcas as one of the option for submitting my scores to, or should i wait to see what i get on the pcats? I don't know if it even makes a difference~

Members don't see this ad.

If you are planning to apply to PharmCAS schools for Fall 2008 admission, then you should designate PharmCAS as one of your three recipients of choice. Given that the October PCAT tends to be the most popular PCAT administration (though the new August PCAT may take those numbers down starting this cycle), the processing time of your scores could take longer than the five week waiting period some applicants experienced for the June and most recent August PCAT. I got my scores just after six weeks and other scores took longer to arrive! In addition, it takes another two to three weeks for PharmCAS to process an official transcript request after you mail one in or submit an online request.

Waiting until your scores to arrive will result in a seven to ten week time period after the October PCAT before your schools even consider your application to be complete. For some schools, you've missed the deadline if this October PCAT is your only score. For rolling admissions schools, you've cost yourself a few extra weeks of application considerations. Thus, it's rather prudent to designate now if PharmCAS schools are where you mainly will apply.