Sending "too many" letters of interest?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bracesforever

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a couple of more schools (8) that I am waiting to hear back. Would it look bad if I were to send them letters of interest? I am aware that a letter of intent should be sent to only one school, but how about letters of interest?

Members don't see this ad.

Send as many letters of interest as you want. You applied there. You are obviously interested.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No doubt, they would all be sincere.

Reactions: 1 users
a letter of intent should be sent to no schools. your "letter of intent" is called your application. why would you apply to a school if you didnt intend on going there? letters of intent are not a real thing.

Reactions: 3 users
a letter of intent should be sent to no schools. your "letter of intent" is called your application. why would you apply to a school if you didnt intend on going there? letters of intent are not a real thing.
Just because you applied to a school doesnt make that school your top choice. A letter of intent let that school know they are your top pick. Depending on the schools, a well written letter of intent can help your application. I know LECOM specifically ask applicants to send a letter of intent after their interview if that their top pick.

You should let LECOM know

Just because you applied to a school doesnt make that school your top choice. A letter of intent let that school know they are your top pick. Depending on the schools, a well written letter of intent can help your application. I know LECOM specifically ask applicants to send a letter of intent after their interview if that their top pick.

when you have 0 acceptances youre not really in a position to pick and choose which school is your "top" school. it is not a real thing.

when you have 0 acceptances youre not really in a position to pick and choose which school is your "top" school. it is not a real thing.
It is for students who have interviewed at multiple places, and feel one stood out more... also as already stated some schools request these letters to gauge their acceptance chance following an offer. Its beneficial for all involved following the interview.

Just about as sincere as ADCOM telling applicants "we wish we could accept everyone."
I'm sure most dental schools wish they had the resources to accept nearly everyone they interview. More students = more $$$