Sending too many LORs to a school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keevwu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have 5 letters for my application. They are all going to be sent through my school's letter packet service. However, some schools say to only submit 3 letters total. Will it hurt me if I just send them the letter packet? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Nope. As far as Harvard Med is concerned, they like additional emails.

Source: worked under former Harvard admission guy, gave me a ####ton of previous applications with interviewer notes and forms.

Nope. As far as Harvard Med is concerned, they like additional emails.

Source: worked under former Harvard admission guy, gave me a ####ton of previous applications with interviewer notes and forms.
e-mails?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I have 5 letters for my application. They are all going to be sent through my school's letter packet service. However, some schools say to only submit 3 letters total. Will it hurt me if I just send them the letter packet? Thanks!

I also have this question. My committee requires minimum 5 LOR, and I have 6. They send all the letters as well as the committee letter (so 7?) to every school. Should I be emailing schools this after I submit my AMCAS?

If your school is sending it to the AMCAS, then no, you don't need to send it again to each individual school (as long as you specify sending the packet to the school through AMCAS).

So it's okay to send the whole packet to schools that say they only want 3 letters?