Sending transcripts to Medical Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cavalier95

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to be admitted to two med schools. Before I had decided about which school to attend, one of them (OUWB) required that I take a statistics class in order to matriculate. I had never taken one and so to keep my options open I decided to enroll in an online class through my local community college (im in my second gap year).

Since I've started the class I've decided I no longer want to go to OUWB. I'm going to finish the class because it's already paid for, but my question is do I need to send the transcript to the second school as well even if they don't require statistics? I'm probably going to get a B in the class, will that matter?

Members don't see this ad.

I think all med schools want a final transcript, so no matter your choice follow their directions for sending the official transcript. Some will get it via AMCAS and some will ask for it to be sent directly to the med school.

As long as you don’t seriously flunk the class, no one will care. You already got into med school!

@gonnif Do you think OP should send a quick email to the school they want to matriculate at and notify them that he’s taking a stats class?