Sending transcripts without transcript request form

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ellia

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had a problem sending a transcript without the transcript request form? I intend on asking the registrar to include the form with the transcript but I know it's possible that they may lose the form or forget to send the form along with the transcript. After I order the transcript, I have no idea when they will process my request so I'm worried it will be sent to AMCAS without this form.

I'm aware they will still accept the transcripts but were there major delays for those who were not able to include this form?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had a problem sending a transcript without the transcript request form? I intend on asking the registrar to include the form with the transcript but I know it's possible that they may lose the form or forget to send the form along with the transcript. After I order the transcript, I have no idea when they will process my request so I'm worried it will be sent to AMCAS without this form.

I'm aware they will still accept the transcripts but were there major delays for those who were not able to include this form?

At my school, they instruct us to email the request form or to physically hand it in immediately after ordering the transcript. They will match it with your transcript and send it together. It's their job to do so. Also, they likely send many transcripts to AMCAS and know the protocol.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sure your school handles transcripts by the bucketful all the time, many of which include an additional form to add so they have an established protocol. If you're super worried about it, I would actually go to the registrar and hand the form over yourself with your transcript request since at my school I ended up being able to see the person at the desk staple the forms together.

Members don't see this ad :)
I found out after my school sent my transcript that they never attached the form, but also found out from calling the AAMC that it's not technically required; it only makes it a bit easier for them when it comes to organizing. I wouldn't be too worried about it!

I sent the transcript request without the form to one school, and it got there fine, pretty quick turnaround as well, maybe 5 days. Although, this was pretty much the first day I could request transcripts so it might be a bit longer now.

Lol now I'm second-guessing myself and can't remember if I specifically uploaded the AMCAS form for one of my transcripts...