Sending Transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Orth2006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all

I was wondering if anyone has sent their transcripts to AMCAS yet. When is the best time to send before or after submitting the application?

Maybe this topic has been dealt with before - pardon my laziness to do a search

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely send them ASAP (assuming no new grades are going to be added soon). They take awhile to get linked to your online application and it will also protect you from any clerical or postal errors.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sent mine 2 weeks ago and they were listed as received only yesterday. Send early and check often.

2 whole weeks huh? Thanks for the feedback guys

I already sent both of mine in. My spring grades will probably be available in about a week and a half, but they probably won't appreciably change my GPA (if at all - I'm thinking my GPA this semester is the same as my cumulative).

How did you know your transcript(s) had been received?
Did they contact you via email, or was it posted on your AMCAS somewhere...?

Both

They send you an email saying that they received your trranscript from _____ and that it will go towards your 2006 application.

Also if you look on the left side of the page at your AMCAS main menu, it will have something like "check application status." If you click on that box it will tell you if they have received the transcipts from the schools that you listed.