Senior AOA after ERAS submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Polymyxin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got senior AOA earlier in the week. I updated my "Personal Information" section in ERAS to reflect that. Should I send emails to programs to indicate this update? And I'm applying to a competitive specialty that requires a prelim....do I email both programs?

Do programs automatically get an "update notice"? And, what if they have already downloaded my application (I've received some prelim interviews already)?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Updates are weird in this new system. I can run a report for updated documents on the dashboard, but there's nothing that's going to tell me that specifically the AOA designation has changed. I can filter for AOA easily enough, but it's not something I'm going to do that often and it would be easy to miss someone. As much as I hate it, I'm going to advise sending an email updating your AOA status to both. It's the kind of thing that can make a difference for a competitive specialty.

I just got senior AOA earlier in the week. I updated my "Personal Information" section in ERAS to reflect that. Should I send emails to programs to indicate this update? And I'm applying to a competitive specialty that requires a prelim....do I email both programs?

Do programs automatically get an "update notice"? And, what if they have already downloaded my application (I've received some prelim interviews already)?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At my school, they put your AOA status into the MSPE letter as well. You could also check with your dean to see if your school does this - might save you some emails. Although, that assumes that programs are looking at your MSPE to begin with despite not knowing, or thinking that you do not have an AOA status.

Thank for the input.
Question: Should I email the program director or coordinator (or both)?
Thank you again!!