1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

senior grades?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by streetlight, Dec 2, 2008.

1. streetlight

streetlight Member
    10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    So I'm luckily doing fine in my classes this term as I apply and interview, but I've been talking with a lot of frustrated classmates who are not sure how med schools view senior grades. Many have had a tough time keeping up in some classes because of being out all the time for interviews (and may end up with a C here and there). I told them that maybe it probably wouldn't be a big deal because second term the schools will see that you are back to normal performance and the bad grades were just a function of interviewing and traveling. Is that reasonable advice?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrYoda

DrYoda Space Cowboy
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Depends on what you mean by bad grades. Schools can put stipulations on your acceptance, and that can mean maintaining grades above a certain level. Some schools have it right on your acceptance paper work: must keep grades above X level.

4. stooges287

stooges287 Thread Killer
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Correct. Also keep in mind, if you don't make it in this time, you don't want to shoot yourself in the food by having a worse GPA than you did the first time around.