1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

senior grades?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by streetlight, Dec 2, 2008.

1. streetlight

streetlight Member
    10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    So I'm luckily doing fine in my classes this term as I apply and interview, but I've been talking with a lot of frustrated classmates who are not sure how med schools view senior grades. Many have had a tough time keeping up in some classes because of being out all the time for interviews (and may end up with a C here and there). I told them that maybe it probably wouldn't be a big deal because second term the schools will see that you are back to normal performance and the bad grades were just a function of interviewing and traveling. Is that reasonable advice?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrYoda

DrYoda Space Cowboy
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Depends on what you mean by bad grades. Schools can put stipulations on your acceptance, and that can mean maintaining grades above a certain level. Some schools have it right on your acceptance paper work: must keep grades above X level.

4. stooges287

stooges287 Thread Killer
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Correct. Also keep in mind, if you don't make it in this time, you don't want to shoot yourself in the food by having a worse GPA than you did the first time around.