senior grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

streetlight

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm luckily doing fine in my classes this term as I apply and interview, but I've been talking with a lot of frustrated classmates who are not sure how med schools view senior grades. Many have had a tough time keeping up in some classes because of being out all the time for interviews (and may end up with a C here and there). I told them that maybe it probably wouldn't be a big deal because second term the schools will see that you are back to normal performance and the bad grades were just a function of interviewing and traveling. Is that reasonable advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on what you mean by bad grades. Schools can put stipulations on your acceptance, and that can mean maintaining grades above a certain level. Some schools have it right on your acceptance paper work: must keep grades above X level.

Depends on what you mean by bad grades. Schools can put stipulations on your acceptance, and that can mean maintaining grades above a certain level. Some schools have it right on your acceptance paper work: must keep grades above X level.

Correct. Also keep in mind, if you don't make it in this time, you don't want to shoot yourself in the food by having a worse GPA than you did the first time around.