SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

SENIOR MEMBERSHIP

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by zorro21, Apr 22, 2001.

1. zorro21

zorro21 Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 3, 2000
    i just wanted to know what the difference is between a member and a senior member. how does one get to become a senior member of SDN?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic! Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Apr 9, 2000
    hSDN Member
    Once you have passed the threshold of 50 posts you will become a Senior Member, become privy to inside information and jokes, learn the secret handshake and of course, go through our initiation rites!

Just watch out for those ominous "server is down" warnings or they might STEAL 800+ posts from you and you'll be required to start anew, as I did. [​IMG]

------------------
    PGY1
    Penn State University
    Department of Surgery

[This message has been edited by Kimberli Cox (edited April 22, 2001).]

4. Sunlyght

Sunlyght Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Los Angeles
    I'm glad that you asked this question, and that someone answered it. I thought it was some secrete society within student doc... [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Sunlyght (edited April 22, 2001).]

5. Sunlyght

Sunlyght Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Los Angeles
    it's weird..every time I come back to this page, Kimberley has a different number of posts that show up....interesting

6. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic! Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Apr 9, 2000
    hSDN Member

It IS strange isn't it? Once you become a Senior Member Sunlyght you too will be privy to the secrets behind such post manipulation!

<j/k> My total increased sometime this morning after I complained <again> to Lee Burnett. I'm still about 300+ posts short of what my REAL total is (reading this Lee?), so keep watching for further developments! [​IMG]

7. wannabe_doctor

wannabe_doctor Member 10+ Year Member

Jun 14, 2000
    NE
    I must be the only one on this board who never noticed that there were Senior Members vs. Regular Members...I guess I don't pay attention to detail to well.

The main reason I am posting is to see my "status".

Take it easy all

PS I think it has to do with how long you have been registered.

[This message has been edited by wannabe_doctor (edited April 22, 2001).]

8. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Banned Banned 10+ Year Member

Feb 4, 2000
    Number of posts....length of time registered...HA!

In order to become a Senior Member all you need to do is send a check or money order in the amount of $250.00 (US funds only) to me.

I will graciously process your request and within a few months, check your status and voila! You will be a senior member.

It couldn't be easier. [​IMG]

PS: I am in no way affiliated with any sort of pyramid scheme. All the illegal financial gains are much more secretive.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Have a good night...

note: The above was a joke. Do not send me money...unless you really want to.

------------------
    Joshua Paul Hazelton
    [email protected]
    University of the Sciences in Philadelphia (2002)

9. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Mar 22, 2001
    Kentucky
    JP, how much to add a hundred or so posts to my total? I don't have much, but I'll try to get a hundred or so together [​IMG]

10. Winged Scapula

Apr 9, 2000
    hSDN Member
    That is curious - after all, you've been registered since June 2000 but are a Senior Member with only 34 posts; yet, jamier2 has only been registered less than a month and is already a senior member with 105 posts. I had always noticed that the status changed to Senior Member after 50 posts, but now you've gone and shaken up my whole belief system.

Perhaps it is some horrible algorithm which determines the status?

11. peiyueng

peiyueng Member 15+ Year Member

Jun 7, 1999
    Grand Terrace, CA
    Hmm....
    I guess it is either 50 posts or being a member for more than 1 year?

Pei

12. Boomer

Boomer Supreme Sooner Member 15+ Year Member

Sep 1, 1999
    In a house
    It used to only require 25 posts to become a senior member (last summer, this was true).

As popularity of the site grew, so did the requirement to become a "Senior Member."

If I'm not mistaken, I think they upped it to 35 posts before the current number which appears to be 50.

This is why some "seniors" (such as wannabe_doctor) may have a lower number of posts, but may have reached the "Holy Grail" of Senior membership when the bar was set much lower [​IMG].

Why in the Hell do I have this information stored away in my head, yet can't remember everything I need to know for Physio in the morning?

13. Lee

Lee Sleestack Staff Member Administrator 10+ Year Member

Dec 31, 1999
    Wow, Boomer got it exactly correct. The secret "Senior Member" society opens its doors when a member has reached the 50 posts mark.

The required number has gradually increased over the past year as the board has become more active.

14. j8463dp

j8463dp Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 10, 2001
    NSUCOM 2005
    what benefits can one get by being a senior member other than letting people know , that ya I've had some spare time. HAHA

15. innerpower

innerpower Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jan 23, 2001
    Chino Hills
    Shouldn't we also have something beyond "senior member"?

How about calling those with a thousand or more posts "super-ultra-mega-senior member"? :D

Still in a process of climbing the mountain of 50 posts. ;)

16. spacecadet22

spacecadet22 Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 23, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    I am so glad someone cleared this up. I thought it was 38 for the longest time and now I know I need to keep posting!
    Good luck to those trying to get into the "senior" member club! :D

17. Boomer

Boomer Supreme Sooner Member 15+ Year Member

Sep 1, 1999
    In a house
    Yo Lee,

How about a free t-shirt for my wealth of knowledge. Or, maybe, make me a moderator, like everyone else has become.....

18. EricCSU

EricCSU Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 28, 2000
    Fort Collins, CO
    All in good time my friend, all in good time.

Eric

19. colorado_1

colorado_1 Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 24, 2001
    Don't the senior members get their medical school debt payed off for them??

20. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator 10+ Year Member

Apr 22, 2001
    Michigan
    Wishful thinking there buddy!!! :D

21. kidterrific

kidterrific Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Detroit, MI
    As a senior member, we get the privelage of giving noogies to simple members and are allowed the right to take their lunch money. It's a prestigious group....