Senior Thesis and Med School Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Senor Fish

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question. I'm a non-trad student currently applying to med schools. I wrote a senior thesis for my undergraduate degree in Anthropology back in 1992. I've been discussing my thesis in some of my secondaries.

But... I can't find a copy of the damn thing! It has been too long. Will I be asked to produce a copy (or send a copy) of my thesis when I interview?

I might be able to dig up a copy at my old University, but don't really want to go through the trouble if I don't have to. There is mention of a thesis in my transcripts I believe.

Thanks for the advice!

Fish

Members don't see this ad.

MollyMalone said:
No, you won't be asked to produce it.

on a similar note, would it be helpful to bring a copy to an interview if you have one? I've wondered about this before...

Members don't see this ad :)
Johnny_one_eye said:
on a similar note, would it be helpful to bring a copy to an interview if you have one? I've wondered about this before...

This issue came up on SDN in the past. I personally was told directly by someone who was on an adcom not to send or bring publications or such. Other people on SDN in the past seem to have received opposite advice from different adcoms. So I wouldn't. If it is listed on your AMCAS, it is enough.

Thanks, folks.

I mentioned my thesis lots of times and was never asked to produce it. You should expect several questions about your prior research, though. Many of the interviewers are researchers themselves and like to hear what other people are doing---even if it's in a totally different field.