Senior thesis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wlee43

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How is doing a thesis looked upon by medical schools. I mean doing it won't hurt but what about not doing it. I don't need to do it in order to graduate and don't really want to do it either since I already got a authorship in a science journal

Members don't see this ad.

How is doing a thesis looked upon by medical schools. I mean doing it won't hurt but what about not doing it. I don't need to do it in order to graduate and don't really want to do it either since I already got a authorship in a science journal

I don't think it makes one difference. I had to do a research thesis and not once has it been brought up during this application cycle. If you're already a published author, you're golden. That trumps any thesis.

Would it be medically related?
It would be a nice thing on your AMCAS, but I doubt it would be significant help.

Also what is SND, and how do you bring lulz to it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would it be medically related?
It would be a nice thing on your AMCAS, but I doubt it would be significant help.

Also what is SND, and how do you bring lulz to it?

SND is the student network doctor. A very prestigious position.

A senior thesis will most likely have no impact on the adcom's decision. Absolutely don't do it, especially if you don't want to. Spend that time volunteering and learning about the world.