Senior year GPA???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uclabound2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How important are the fall and spring semesters of the year you are applying for med school?

The reason I am asking is because I just had two horrible semesters in a row due to recovery from an illness (my gpa was a horrid 2.5) and I need these upcoming semesters to prove that I am worthy.

I am 95% recovered and am planning on taking 6 courses in the fall and spring semesters.

I'm also taking the MCAT in September so I can apply for the 2010 year. I know I need to score very high on this MCAT to have a chance of getting in.

Members don't see this ad.

if ur applying to the 2010 year then the senior year gpa isn't as big a factor because it will come after u fill out primaries unless u wait for the first semester to be over (not sure u will be able to do that). u will definitely need to make the schools u apply to aware of ur sickness and that it adversely effected ur grades (but make sure it doesn't sound like ur making excuses). once u get ur next semester grades back to u should send a letter to inform the school that ur grades have improved and they may take it into account. sorry about the unfortunate chain of events, hope what i said helps!