Jun 29, 2009
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
How important are the fall and spring semesters of the year you are applying for med school?

The reason I am asking is because I just had two horrible semesters in a row due to recovery from an illness (my gpa was a horrid 2.5) and I need these upcoming semesters to prove that I am worthy.

I am 95% recovered and am planning on taking 6 courses in the fall and spring semesters.

I'm also taking the MCAT in September so I can apply for the 2010 year. I know I need to score very high on this MCAT to have a chance of getting in.

ToBeAnMD

10+ Year Member
May 22, 2009
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
if ur applying to the 2010 year then the senior year gpa isn't as big a factor because it will come after u fill out primaries unless u wait for the first semester to be over (not sure u will be able to do that). u will definitely need to make the schools u apply to aware of ur sickness and that it adversely effected ur grades (but make sure it doesn't sound like ur making excuses). once u get ur next semester grades back to u should send a letter to inform the school that ur grades have improved and they may take it into account. sorry about the unfortunate chain of events, hope what i said helps!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads