Quantcast

Senior year GPA???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uclabound2010

Reaction score
How important are the fall and spring semesters of the year you are applying for med school?

The reason I am asking is because I just had two horrible semesters in a row due to recovery from an illness (my gpa was a horrid 2.5) and I need these upcoming semesters to prove that I am worthy.

I am 95% recovered and am planning on taking 6 courses in the fall and spring semesters.

I'm also taking the MCAT in September so I can apply for the 2010 year. I know I need to score very high on this MCAT to have a chance of getting in.

ToBeAnMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
if ur applying to the 2010 year then the senior year gpa isn't as big a factor because it will come after u fill out primaries unless u wait for the first semester to be over (not sure u will be able to do that). u will definitely need to make the schools u apply to aware of ur sickness and that it adversely effected ur grades (but make sure it doesn't sound like ur making excuses). once u get ur next semester grades back to u should send a letter to inform the school that ur grades have improved and they may take it into account. sorry about the unfortunate chain of events, hope what i said helps!