Senior Year Grades

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by barnu, Oct 14, 2002.

1. barnu

barnu Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi all - I am new to this posting thing but does anyone know how influential senior year grades are if I am a senior now and applying now??? With all of this interviewing and missing classes, my grades so far just aren't so spectacular...should I even be worrying about this?? Doubtful when I am hearing from schools within the next few days....

GOOD LUCK and thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
  4. Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea Girl Next Door
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Senior year grades do matter...what happens if you don't get in this time and have to apply again, or what happens if you decide you want to take a year off before school?

I'm not saying you're not going to get in...I don't know anything about you!! :) Just something to think about, coming from someone 2 years out of college who had less than stellar grades. ;)

5. liberty

liberty Member
    7+ Year Member

i know how you feel about balancing grades with interviews. i had a lot of interviews early on last year and was stressin' about my grades. however i found out i was accepted october 15th about one school, and soon after found out about a few others so my first and last semester grades didn't have any impact. it's a gamble but if you're a solid candidate i wouldn't worry too much. most of my friends who were pre-med also really lived up their senior year-going out four nights a week-and were able to study enough to get solid grades. good luck!

6. ellen22

ellen22 Junior Member

this is sort of on the lines of this thread, so thought i'd post my question here too.

i work full-time, been out of undergrad for about a year now, and am taking one evening advanced bio course. been super busy what with my job and flying to interviews and going to a conference, i don't think i'm going to do all that great in that one evening course. I really don't think it's a problem at all if you're taking say 4 or 5 classes and take one or two classes P/F senior year, but what do you guys think about the one class being P/F? Think I should just try to pull straight A's in the class the rest of the semester to get out with a B or B+, or do you think it won't matter so much if it's P/F?