Senioritis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iferg17

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a cure for senioritis? :barf: I have tried alcohol and while it alleviates the symptoms the key problems dealing with classwork still remain. Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

iferg17 said:
Is there a cure for senioritis? :barf: I have tried alcohol and while it alleviates the symptoms the key problems dealing with classwork still remain. Any ideas?

Graduation

do stuff that you have always wanted to in college but never had the time. this is your last chance to indulge in your hobbies, interests, friends etc. I like to attend multi-cultural events, try out ethnic cuisines, watch movies, crochet/knit etc. i also try to be creative-making my chapstick portable (hooking it up to my key chain), doing stuff to my clothes, making accessories etc. thats just me. i am sure you have hidden talents within urself. Make use of them!

iferg17 said:

Members don't see this ad :)
i have senioritis like no other. i love all the extra chilling/drinking/sleeping time! absolutely love it!

i have two exams thursday, and i'm pretty sure i'm not going to study for either. i've gone to most of the classes, so i figure that's good enough.

I definitely have senioritis hard core now. I have an exam tomorrow morning and I keep trying to study but my lack of motivation is keeping me away from the library and my books.

My two activities this semester: Halo 2 on Xbox live and Sleep. :D

the realization that you won't get to go to medical school once you send them your final transcript... :scared:

I do too, especially after the Texas medical school match on Feb 1st. Try this phrase: C=degree :cool:

Brain said:
I do too, especially after the Texas medical school match on Feb 1st. Try this phrase: C=degree :cool:

i'm scared to get all C's for some reason. i don't know why, but i'm afraid they'll take away my acceptances. of course, in one of my classes, i heard the lowest grade anyone gets is a B-, because it's half grad students. so i guess i won't get all C's either way. :p

as for how to cure senioritis, you shouldn't. you should just let the disease run its course. :p

What are the general minimum requiremnts to meet after you've been accepted? (Besides graduating). C's or better? I'm sure that the requiremnts vary for schools, but in general under what circumstances can the acceptance be rescinded?

Cs is probably getting close. Though it probably depends on the school. I imagine the better the school, the more likely the chance of having it rescinded. I have heard though that if you get any Ds, you better have a very good explanation.

Hey, I'm also having little motivation to get A's now that I'm in. I have to pull C's and above in order to graduate and because my med school requires it. GPA has been dropping ever since I have sent in my AMCAS info. It will be nice to graduate and ponder the amount of debt I'm getting myself into. Cheers everyone.

DrThom said:
Graduation
My senioritis had about a 6 monthe hangover postgraduation. I didn't really care about anything for quite some time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a midterm last thurs, and studied for 30 minutes. haha. sleeping too much makes your life seem worthless. Those are the hours wasted where you could be doing something productive. Read a gahdmamn book damnit. Increase your knowledge and widen your horizons. Learn how to play the guitar. Go snowboarding suckas!!!

My problem is worse. I have senioritis , but I'm not applying until next year, so I can't let my grades drop this semester. Can I help it that I could care less about molecular biology or any of the other crap they expect me to study when I'm already mentally a million miles away?

Maybe we should all start a senioritis support group.

I'm feeling it pretty damn hard right now.

Up to me knees in work, and I just don't even want to lift a finger.

inflamation of the senior is a common problem. I suggest ibuprofen.

iferg17 said:
It can be treated surgically with a seniorectomy... but that usually is best done in late May or early June. Occassionally they can be done in August or December, but only if the Senior has actually ruptured.

dopaminophile said:
It can be treated surgically with a seniorectomy... but that usually is best done in late May or early June. Occassionally they can be done in August or December, but only if the Senior has actually ruptured.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm going to call my school to make sure- but I think that as long as your pre-req's are met, you have no post-AMCAS grades less than a "C" and you have attained a bachelor's degree, med schools really couldn't care less about you dropping classes you don't need or even graduating early (as I am planning to do). Anyways, please respond if you have information that contrasts w/ my theory.

iferg17 said:

wait until something bad happens :p ...if you're like me you work better when you're stressed out and on the brink of insanity and life's one big bowl of crap...until then, sleep it off and try to stay away from the bottle (it only makes things worse, trust me...)

fail.jpg

:laugh: Some comfort for those who have senioritis.

and...

no study = no fail

my philosophy

I really don't study anymore on the weekends. I just drink, play poker, halo 2, drink, and sleep. I just want to make A's and B's.

iferg17 said:

I have been testing my limits. I've actually been seeing how little I can study and still get A's, and I've really surprised myself. I think senior year is a good year to determine this. For example, I found out that I can normally study after 2 beers, but I can't after 3. Also, I determined that 2 beers the night before the test won't affect me, while 3 will.

fun8stuff said:
I have been testing my limits. I've actually been seeing how little I can study and still get A's, and I've really surprised myself. I think senior year is a good year to determine this. For example, I found out that I can normally study after 2 beers, but I can't after 3. Also, I determined that 2 beers the night before the test won't affect me, while 3 will.

i have been so ridiculously lazy this term. the amount of work that i am doing is literally less than the amount of work i did in middle school. no joke.

i ain't doin s h i t!

SD Skunk said:
i have been so ridiculously lazy this term. the amount of work that i am doing is literally less than the amount of work i did in middle school. no joke.

i ain't doin s h i t!

Sigh.

Sitting on my lazy arse while I have two huge reports to write--due tomorrow morning.

SD Skunk said:
i ain't doin s h i t!

...me too...except waiting around on my lazy arse as the work piles up :D

calvin&hobbes said:
fail.jpg

:laugh: Some comfort for those who have senioritis.
What is that, a prison?

sga814 said:
I'm going to call my school to make sure- but I think that as long as your pre-req's are met, you have no post-AMCAS grades less than a "C" and you have attained a bachelor's degree, med schools really couldn't care less about you dropping classes you don't need or even graduating early (as I am planning to do). Anyways, please respond if you have information that contrasts w/ my theory.

sorry for feeling the need to respond to myself- but I just called UIC and they said I was in the clear... so if you got into UIC, and have met all your requirements to graduate.. get the hell out of school!!! This is the last real break you're ever gonna get!!! If you got in somewhere else.. call them before doing anything like I did, but I think if your degree and pre-req requirements are met.. you should be more than fine!!