senioritis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jimmy Paige

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where has the motivation gone?? Am I the only one who just doesn't care about trying hard at school anymore? Grades don't really matter anymore (barring C's or lower) so whats the point? I just want to get out of undergrad and move on to medical school. Is anyone else sharing these same kinds of feelings?

By the way, I am skipping class right now to write this post...lol

Members don't see this ad.

...and i'm procrastinating finishing a paper to reply to your post...lol

I'm totally with you. What's really scary is to look back at some of your old papers from your better college years. I found a fantastically-written twenty pager. There's no way I could write like that now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol I have senioritis too! I spread the ailment to my roommates. Maybe we should develop a therapy for this epidemic.

I just started taking guitar class this semester. I enjoy the class so much that I put way more time in to learning the guitar than I do studying for my science courses. Oh well, it may be the last time I can take guitar lessons for college credit ever again!

I have exams and papers coming up...but all I'm doing is waiting till March 9th rolls by for Super Smash....

Senioritis + 2 pass fail classes + new gf = very unproductive semester.

But I've got this undergrad thing on lockdown. 95 on the first biochem test...sure wish I would have figured out this whole undergrad thing 4 years ago.

senioritis + thesis due at the end of the quarter =:cool: :(:scared:
Anyone else in the same boat? A bit hard to get motivated to write this beast.....

I agree with the above poster tho, classes are going really well without me trying that hard....How come this didn't happen earlier when it actually counted???

OMG ... TELL ME ABOUT IT

my professor was like ... the cut off for a C- on the midterm was 43 ...

guess wat i got ... 43 BABY!!!!!!!!! :cool: dude .. i woulda cried 2 years ago ... haha

ALL motivation = gone

same, I was getting top grades in my biopsych classes and now Im at the bottom, (still in low B range), but theres no motivation to study and do well whatsoever, although plenty of motivation to party.

yup all motivation is gone. Are any of you guys gonna walk for graduation? i really don't see the point because i mean we all knew we were gonna graduate and then just head off to the place that really mattered -- med school.

I guess if i graduate cum laude i'll walk...

Totally agree!

I went from "I hope I get an A or B on this test" to "Woo-hoo! a 70%! Time to get hammered :hardy:"

And all the papers I have to write for one class that I end up blowing off until the night before they are due. Thank god for Jimmy John Subs and late-night pizza!

yup all motivation is gone. Are any of you guys gonna walk for graduation? i really don't see the point because i mean we all knew we were gonna graduate and then just head off to the place that really mattered -- med school.

I guess if i graduate cum laude i'll walk...

This is probably a dumb question, but I thought that everyone walks for their graduation. You mean there is an option where people do not have to partake in the ceremony?(BTW, I am walking)

Members don't see this ad :)
This is probably a dumb question, but I thought that everyone walks for their graduation. You mean there is an option where people do not have to partake in the ceremony?(BTW, I am walking)

yup its completely optional.

Wow, I'm jealous of this whole senoritis. I didn't apply until after graduation, so I was working hard to bring up my GPA. I also took the MCAT 11 days after graduation.

Although I guess I made up for it, when my boyfriend and I remained unemployed for a month after graduation. I honestly never got sick of those days: wake up, video games, breakfast, basketball, video game, get ice cream, watch tv, nap, go out for dinner, sleep and repeat.

senioritis + thesis due at the end of the quarter =:cool: :(:scared:
Anyone else in the same boat? A bit hard to get motivated to write this beast.....

I agree with the above poster tho, classes are going really well without me trying that hard....How come this didn't happen earlier when it actually counted???
Yep! My thesis is currently non-existant is needs to be written in about a month.

Super hard to stay motivated even though I really have to (I'm in class as we speak)... I still have a poster to make on my research as well as help author a paper. Speaking of papers, like all of my classes involve writing which is not so quality right now haha.

hum3a, are you a Bio major? Cause I think I saw you somewhere before say you go to Mizzou... so do I. But I'm definitely walking... I'm excited for it (minus the 2.5 hour ceremony).

Amen about the thesis thing. I hate having to complete it with zero motivation whatsoever. The hardest thing I struggle with is that infamous question, "Does it really matter?"

this thread is comforting... ever since i got in to a few schools in the fall, i have officially become a lazy, unmotivated senior that goes out and sleeps. the only thing that stimulates me academically is my thesis, so in fact i am actually enjoying it. if it weren't for working on that, i really would be a waste of space this semester.

I knew this was going to happen to me, so I only enrolled in one class this semester. I thought of taking a full load of 'prepratory and/or fun' classes...But opted to play video games instead!

That being said it is SO hard to motivate myself to study for this one upper division bio course...b/c I'm used to never having to do any homework! Too bad I can't just get credit for beating guitar hero on expert (its going to happen! im determined) lol...

On another note, I'm kind of excited to walk in my graduation...I skipped my high school one...and this last 4 years has been a pain in the ***...So even though the whole ceremony seems kind of pointless and boring...I just want SOMETHING for all this hard work! :laugh:

yeahhh, Guitar Hero is awesome. Cliffs of Dover gets me every single time!

lol

okay, "-itis" usually means inflammation.... ... .. ....corticosteroids?

Super hard to stay motivated even though I really have to (I'm in class as we speak)... I still have a poster to make on my research as well as help author a paper. Speaking of papers, like all of my classes involve writing which is not so quality right now haha.

hum3a, are you a Bio major? Cause I think I saw you somewhere before say you go to Mizzou... so do I. But I'm definitely walking... I'm excited for it (minus the 2.5 hour ceremony).

yup I'm a senior here. Bio major/psych minor. are you taking genetics and society by chance?