Senioritis!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JulianCrane

The Power of Intention
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else suffering from this disease? Are senior year grades really important or do they just need to prove that you are capable? OK, good luck with the admissions process everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by JulianCrane
Anyone else suffering from this disease?

I am definitely experiencing a major bout of senioritis. Luckily I have a pretty easy schedule this semester. It doesn't help that I'm gone half the time to interviews which are sooo much more exciting than Microbiology lab. *sigh*

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Zweihander
Oh no! Inflammation of the senior? That sounds really painful!:scared: :scared:

Ey, tell me about it. Mine is killing me. I can't wait to get it removed in May. :cool:

Yikes, I remember that infliction. Sorry but the only cure is living through until May. I feel for you all going through that. Just keep plugging along and really, before you know it, you will be a GRADUATE:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

i got it bad...which isn't good. my roomates LAST year were all seniors. now that its my turn i've already had it for a semester. and to top it all off, i still am taking the MCAT at the end of this year. just holdin on for dear life ;)

So, should be keep on pushing for those top grades, or focus more on our future plans and just pass our classes?

Originally posted by Zweihander
Oh no! Inflammation of the senior? That sounds really painful!:scared: :scared:

Yeah, I always thought it should be called "seniorosis," but I'm a nerd.:)

I don't have it yet, but we'll see what happens when I have to take the dreaded genetics next semester...why did I put it off until my last semester?

Julian - I'm finding out how hard it can be to keep up with classes through applications and interviews. I tried to lighten the course load and take one course pass/fail. But most professors in senior-level classes will be pretty understanding about things like missing exams for interviews. One of mine puts all the powerpoint and audio recordings of her lectures on the web. Two others have a pretty lenient make-up exam policy. Bottom line: I don't think you have to sacrifice grades in order to plan for your future. If you're still motivated enough to work hard during your senior year, then you should be fine.

i can definitely feel that crap now,
all i wanna do is seat back, relax and drink some beers "beside worrying about this stupid admission process). It's so terrible that I am just having grades in my classes I never had before. what amazes me is that I do not worry about it and I think it should be scary (anyway it scares me that I am not worrying)

do schools see your senior year grades? extracurricular activities?? (other than the school where you matriculate, which would probably need a transcript just to see you passed everything and whatnot)

Yes, the schools see your senior grades, because you have to send the updated transcript after you graduate. As long as you don't get Cs, Ds, and Fs, you should be fine. Extracurriculars, I stopped doing them. I had few that I concentrated on all my last four years and I enjoyed them but now I just want to relax and focus on finishing up.

This is my last semester and my friends graduated last spring so I was going through senioritis with them before I decided to extend my graduation till this fall. Now I am going through it again. Ugh! Two more months!!!