hidocs

10+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2008
Status
Could anyone who is permanent resident or citizen tell abt loans.Except the federal stafford loans which loans we need to apply.what is federal graduate PLUS loans.do we need to apply that?what is the procedure after receiving award letter.do we need to apply for private loans only? for federal stafford loans do we need to send the some signed forms to school and they will apply for it or we need to apply for both federal stafford loans and private loans together by ourselves.which is better SALLIE MAE or CITI.Pls tell me the procedure after receiving award letter.

fido!

the ex-***!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 12, 2004
well,i'm just coool,lite&eazzzy!'m everywhere but.
Status
Resident [Any Field]
hidocs,
i'm a US citizen studying in nyu.i applied for both the fed stafford loan as well as the fed plus loans!it is not a private loan so u r safe ..the interest rate wont fluctuate..once u get a financial award letter log on to hesc.org. u have to apply for stafford loan for 38,500 and the rest u have to apply thro plus loan which is the total loan amt mentioned in the financial award letter minus the stafford loan amt....hope it is not confusing...if u have any problem in applying lemme know..i will help u out...
good luck!:thumbup:
Could anyone who is permanent resident or citizen tell abt loans.Except the federal stafford loans which loans we need to apply.what is federal graduate PLUS loans.do we need to apply that?what is the procedure after receiving award letter.do we need to apply for private loans only? for federal stafford loans do we need to send the some signed forms to school and they will apply for it or we need to apply for both federal stafford loans and private loans together by ourselves.which is better SALLIE MAE or CITI.Pls tell me the procedure after receiving award letter.